My latest shop find here in California. It has a few marks, but still an attractive coin! I spend a lot of time looking for these, and sometimes it pays off. ;D
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3082/2717525595_f6e6a7a4fa_b.jpg)
I like it! I like it!! :o
Nice one Kurt, that is a great looking coin in excellent condition
Thanks! ;D I especially like it was only $1.50--I collect for finds like this!
Barry, did you get my email? It was just about some coins you might like. :)
Yes received and you should have a reply.
Very, very GOOD price on the penny.
Good find. Thats actually one of the nicer examples of that type of coin that I've seen.
A lovely coin, indeed! I spend a lot of time searching for the pre-dec pennies, so I know how rare it is to see a beauty like that for such a good price! I think we've got better chances here in the states, though; most dealers don't like dealing with that foreign stuff. ;)
Nice looking penny, Kurt.
Great find.
Thanks everyone...I'm pretty happy with this one! ;D
Ellekitty--yes, dealers here look at world coins more as bulk--unless they're gold of course.
With the wild metals market, most dealers have focused on bullion, and forgetting the rest.
I don't mind though.
I'm slowly but surely working on my Australian large penny collection.
Great find, beautiful condition.
:) :) :) :)
This is one of the most beatiful coins i have ever seen :o, nice find
Thanks! :)
I envy this beautiful coin KurtS. :'( Your collection must be excellent !!!!!! If you wish you can to show some others from your collection. Good lucky for obtain similar coins. :)
Thanks Erik! :) I have a few nice coins that took some work to find. ;D
I usually look for coins that have been missed by dealers, which is called "cherry-picking" here in the USA.
Here's a low-mintage (782K) halfpenny I found in a $1 bargain box:
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3057/2438620431_55866d6a7e.jpg)
Erik, if you would like a US State quarter, I have a New Mexico pair (P and D mints) I would be happy to send you. :)
Thanks KurtS. It is very nice from you. I start collect only 1 piece of 1/4 dollars because I didn´t know about two mints. I already have one from New Mexico but maybe some other collectors will be happy if they haven´t it. Thanks you for your nice offer.
I like on older coins their beautiful colour. I think when old copper coin is in good condicion then it is really beautiful looking. :) :) :)
That's a very nice 1939 Roo Ha'penny Kurt. A great key coin & I'll bet you got it for peanuts too! ;D ;D
Thanks Nancy! It cost me a dollar's worth of peanuts. ;D
Of course, I spend a lot of time looking too!
Oh DUH! I missed the "I found in a $1 bargain box:" bit. ::) ::) Just proves I don't absorb everything I read. ;D ;D
No worries...I don't mind reminding myself I only paid $1 ;D
I turn just a little greener with envy every time, too! Although I really can't complain about my bargain bin finds. They've been spectacular. I just hope I haven't taught my coin store to look more closely at the world coins before they chunk them into the bin >.>
QuoteAlthough I really can't complain about my bargain bin finds.
You've found some really nice ones too! :)
Kurt, You realize that 1939 roo Ha'penny would retail at somewhere between $100 & $200 in Australia, so it was an amazing buy at $1. :P :P
All the time you put in searching paid off in no uncertain terms. Excellent! ;D ;D
QuoteAll the time you put in searching paid off in no uncertain terms. Excellent!
Wow...thanks Nancy, I did not realize its value was quite like that, but I imagine there's a lot of collector interest for a scarce transitional variety. :) I can only guess collectors here in the states have an advantage, where coins like this go unnoticed--in bargain bins of all places. I found this at a coin show in California. Thanks everyone for your comments!
I'm just going on it's condition which IMHO is aEF, and in Maccas, VF =$60, XF = $200.