CASTLE KOTCT

Worldwide Coins & Bank Notes => Member Worldwide Coins & Bank Notes => U.S. Coins => Topic started by: EgCollector on November 04, 2008, 07:25:56 AM

Title: My Latest USA coins additions
Post by: EgCollector on November 04, 2008, 07:25:56 AM
Hi all,

I know that these coins are not something special or valuable, specially to US collectors. But to me they are of great value as i received them as a gift from an American friend. He is not a member of KOTCT, but i would like to thank him and to share it with all members.  :) :) :)
Title: Re: My Latest USA coins additions
Post by: EgCollector on November 04, 2008, 07:26:25 AM
1962 Wwashington Quarter

(http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/albums/userpics/10385/1962WQ1.jpg)
Title: Re: My Latest USA coins additions
Post by: EgCollector on November 04, 2008, 07:27:52 AM
(http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/albums/userpics/10385/1962WQ2.jpg)
Title: Re: My Latest USA coins additions
Post by: EgCollector on November 04, 2008, 07:29:52 AM
1963 Roosevelt Dime

(http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/albums/userpics/10385/1963ROOS1.jpg)
Title: Re: My Latest USA coins additions
Post by: EgCollector on November 04, 2008, 07:30:18 AM
(http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/albums/userpics/10385/1963ROOS2.jpg)
Title: Re: My Latest USA coins additions
Post by: EgCollector on November 04, 2008, 07:31:51 AM
1972 IKE

(http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/albums/userpics/10385/1972IKE1.jpg)
Title: Re: My Latest USA coins additions
Post by: EgCollector on November 04, 2008, 07:32:28 AM
(http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/albums/userpics/10385/1972IKE2.jpg)
Title: Re: My Latest USA coins additions
Post by: EgCollector on November 04, 2008, 07:33:36 AM
1980-S SBA

(http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/albums/userpics/10385/1980SBA1.jpg)
Title: Re: My Latest USA coins additions
Post by: EgCollector on November 04, 2008, 07:34:05 AM
(http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/albums/userpics/10385/1980SBA2.jpg)
Title: Re: My Latest USA coins additions
Post by: AdamL on November 04, 2008, 04:09:16 PM
Thats a very nice gift. I especially like the quarter and dime as I am partial to silver :D
Title: Re: My Latest USA coins additions
Post by: Nighthawk on November 04, 2008, 10:25:01 PM
Very nice collection you have there Amr!  :)
Title: Re: My Latest USA coins additions
Post by: Humpybong on November 04, 2008, 10:34:18 PM


Great collection Amr.

Even better when they are a gift.   Why don't you invite your friend to join us.
Title: Re: My Latest USA coins additions
Post by: S.George on November 05, 2008, 01:56:58 AM
 :D

Sir Nighthawk:

There is a NEAR DATE variety in 1979 Susan B. Anthony Dollar.
This 1980 is also appears, like that.   Are there 2 varieties in 1980 SBA Dollars?
Please inform.
Thanks
George
Title: Re: My Latest USA coins additions
Post by: EgCollector on November 05, 2008, 02:54:01 AM
Quote from: AdamL on November 04, 2008, 04:09:16 PM
Thats a very nice gift. I especially like the quarter and dime as I am partial to silver :D

Thanks Adam, I like Silver too and sometimes more than gold  :)
Title: Re: My Latest USA coins additions
Post by: EgCollector on November 05, 2008, 02:54:54 AM
Quote from: Nighthawk on November 04, 2008, 10:25:01 PM
Very nice collection you have there Amr!  :)

Thanks Nighthawk  :)
Title: Re: My Latest USA coins additions
Post by: EgCollector on November 05, 2008, 03:15:43 AM
Quote from: humpybong on November 04, 2008, 10:34:18 PM


Great collection Amr.

Even better when they are a gift.   Why don't you invite your friend to join us.

Thanks Barry, This is the guy i told you about that i want to invite. He is a member of another forum and he was very generous to me. He is a very polite and generous person, that i really wanted him to join us here. I invited him to KOTCT but he appologized saying that he really don't have a lot of time for it since he has a three year old daughter and she takes up most of his free time.
Well, he has a very strong, respectable three years old excuse  :)
Title: Re: My Latest USA coins additions
Post by: AdamL on November 05, 2008, 07:39:44 PM
Quote from: EgCollector on November 05, 2008, 02:54:01 AM
Quote from: AdamL on November 04, 2008, 04:09:16 PM
Thats a very nice gift. I especially like the quarter and dime as I am partial to silver :D

Thanks Adam, I like Silver too and sometimes more than gold  :)

I definitely like silver more than gold, because sometimes I can actually afford silver  ;D
Title: Re: My Latest USA coins additions
Post by: KurtS on November 05, 2008, 08:07:16 PM
That's a very nice Ike dollar and group overall.  :)
I also noticed something interesting about your 1962 Quarter:

(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3054/3006120253_58d65242aa_o.jpg)

There is some distortion in the letters...it could be a "doubled die"--I'll see if I can learn more about this coin, and I'll let you know.  :)
Title: Re: My Latest USA coins additions
Post by: Triggersmob on November 06, 2008, 05:58:22 AM
Quote from: AdamL on November 05, 2008, 07:39:44 PM
I definitely like silver more than gold, because sometimes I can actually afford silver  ;D

I would have to agree, there is no gold in my collection.
Title: Re: My Latest USA coins additions
Post by: EgCollector on November 07, 2008, 05:08:10 PM
I have only two Great Britain Victoria sovereign Victoria, hope that i can add to this collection someday   
:)