CASTLE KOTCT

Castle Courtyard => Coin Stuff => Exonumia for Exonumist => Topic started by: NoHope587 on September 23, 2010, 05:47:06 PM

Title: Partial Dime
Post by: NoHope587 on September 23, 2010, 05:47:06 PM
(http://www.mycoins.us/forum/Auctions/Sept2010/Roo1.jpg)
(http://www.mycoins.us/forum/Auctions/Sept2010/Roo2.jpg)
Title: Re: Partial Dime
Post by: Goose on September 23, 2010, 07:52:40 PM
That is a nice coin compared to the ones I find.....cut by lawnmowers.
Title: Re: Partial Dime
Post by: NoHope587 on September 23, 2010, 07:56:46 PM
It was bent and badly scratched when I dug it up...  Did not think I could do it any more harm by cutting it...
Title: Re: Partial Dime
Post by: Templar on September 23, 2010, 08:22:26 PM
THERE IS A GREAT EXAMPLE OF A STEADY HAND AND LOTS OF PATIENCE

THANKS FOR SHOWING THAT ONE TO US

    YOUR FRIEND AND SERVANT.............THE TEMPLAR(//)
Title: Re: Partial Dime
Post by: EgCollector on September 24, 2010, 01:17:36 AM
very interesting  :o never seen something like this before.

How is this done  ???
Title: Re: Partial Dime
Post by: NoHope587 on September 24, 2010, 05:29:23 AM
As Templar pointed out a lot of Patience and a fine bladed saw. Takes between 4 and 6 hours of cutting. I assume it would be quicker if I put the coin in a vice but I find it easier to hold the coin while cutting it.
Title: Re: Partial Dime
Post by: Nevol on September 25, 2010, 05:08:01 PM
Two different versions of a coin you should recognize.

Title: Re: Partial Dime
Post by: Nevol on September 25, 2010, 05:09:26 PM
Second one:
Title: Re: Partial Dime
Post by: NoHope587 on September 25, 2010, 05:15:33 PM
Wow some one spent a lot of time on those.
I don't cut coins generally unless that have serious issues that would impact their numismatic value.
Those look as if they were pretty close to uncirculated when they were cut.
Title: Re: Partial Dime
Post by: Templar on September 25, 2010, 08:34:26 PM
I HAVE SEEN THIS DONE ON A U.S. BUFFALOE NICKEL---I AM LOOKING FOR IT AS I POST----WHEN I LOCATE IT I WILL SHOW YOU......THANKS FOR SHARING YOURS NEVOL
Title: Re: Partial Dime
Post by: Nevol on September 26, 2010, 01:10:05 AM
This link shows a Slouch Hat made from a 1964 Australian Penny:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390228046757&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT

A couple Penny Key rings, can't make out the dates.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SLOUCH-HAT-KEYRING-WAR-DATED-PENNY-1939-1945-/150489408885?pt=AU_Militaria&hash=item2309de2575

Title: Re: Partial Dime
Post by: EgCollector on September 26, 2010, 05:16:53 PM
Quote from: Nevol on September 25, 2010, 05:08:01 PM
Two different versions of a coin you should recognize.



Nancy, this is a piece of art  :o

i love that version very much, very nice work  :)