It is with great sadness I tell you all that Old Dan (Gene Daniels) passed away. Below is the obituary that was posted on the funeral home website.
Rest in Peace my friend.....
Graveside services for Gene Tunney Daniels, 84, will be held at 1:00 P.M. Saturday, October 27, 2012 at the Glenrock Cemetery in Glenrock, Wyoming with Reverend Ray Hershey officiating with Masonic rites from the Glenrock Masonic Lodge Number 22.
Gene Daniels a long time Glenrock resident died Sunday, October 21, 2012 at the Central Wyoming Hospice Center in Casper, Wyoming.
Gene was born January 22, 1928 the son of Herman W. and Marianna Y. (Goodwine) Daniels in Cheyenne, Wyoming. After graduating from high school Gene attended the University of Colorado, where he got his bachelors and master
Very sad news indeed.
Gene will be greatly missed here.
R.I.P my friend.
A truly honest man
He may be happier now
I will miss him
Rest in peace Grandmaster. We all love ya.
RIP Old Dan. He will be sadly missed by all.
IT IS A SAD BIT OF NEWS TO WAKE UP TO-----THINGS YOU EXPECT---BUT NEVER HOPE TO HEAR...........VERY HONEST---KEPT US IN LINE--WE HAVE SENT A GREAT KNIGHT TO A BIGGER AND BETTER CASTLE................BYE GENE
He will surely be missed. My condolences to the family
RIP Gene.
It was a great honour knowing you, a great collector will be greatly missed.
Rest in peace Gene.
RIP OldDan
My condolences to his family and friends
I have always felt a great respect for Gene. May you rest in peace, Gene.
R.I.P. friend.
Here are some photo's of Gene "OldDan" Daniels sent to me by his daughter. We can't thank you enough for these photos.
Here is her descriptions of who is in the photo's:
First is a picture of Mom and Pop taken in 2006. Next is a picture taken of 2011 with Pop and the Greatgrandkids. Last is a picture of Pop taken in 2006 at a Masonic Lodge award ceremony.
TKO
Thanks TKO for putting those pics up.
I always wondered what Gene looked like.
VERY NICE PICTURES OF GENE--------THANKS FOR SHARING----
Much appreciated pictures.
I remember CHATting with him on our old CHAT ROOM. He always liked a good chat.
I remember him.
Is it only three years ago that Gene passed away.
It seems like he has been gone much longer.
There must be an awesome coin club up stairs. :)
I had some nice emails with him after somebody abused of his pc to send a nasty email virus with his name on it
Pity he was so timid as I remember (or is my memory going )
R.I.P.
There are coins in heaven, right? There has to be, it wouldn't be heaven without them!