[color=TODAY MARKS THE WINTER SOLSTICE---THE SHORTEST DAY OF THE YEAR IN THE NOTHERN HEMISPERE---AND IT IS KEEPING TO ITS WORD AS WINTER IS COMING TO MICHIGAN IN THE FORM OF ICE--RAIN--SNOW--FREEZINF TEMPS---BUT THAT IS WHAT MAKES UP THE SEASON
ATTACHED ARE A FEW PICTURES OF WHAT SNOW LOVERS CAN DO WITH DAMP SNOW---HOPE YOU LIKE IT................. [/color]
Some people just have too much time on their hands.
I guess today was our longest day, downunder. :)
Longest day eh? Did you ever think that from now on you are going to lose daylight and approach WINTER? I notice that Monday's high in Perth is going to be + 34 C (+ 90 F). We don't sweat it here....Monday's low here is expected to be - 28 C (- 18 F) and expected high to be - 20 C (- 5 F). We can build snowmen, get plenty of fresh COOL air, and sit by a roaring fireplace while sipping adult beverages. Ah, the life of northern hemispheric people in December !
Quote from: Goose on December 22, 2013, 12:55:07 PM
We don't sweat it here....
We will be sweating it here, no air con.
I will have some of those adult beverages though.
Cheers.
BOY THE DIFFERENCE IN SEASONS MAKES SOME CHRISTMAS SONGS INCORRECT AND MAYBE WE NEED TO CHANGE THE TITLES:
SUCH AS CHESTNUTS ROASTING ON A OPEN WINDOW......................
FROSTIE THE SAND MAN....
I AM DREAMING OF A SAND CHRISTMAS.........
OH PALM TREE...........
RUDOLPH THE RED NOSED DINGO.....
ANY OTHER IDEAS???????????????????????????
Here's one for you Joe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9NhL3agUaw
Then there is this old favourite..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FdVXca9hys