OK so i need to polish and pickle it but I have tried something new. the hardest part was tempering the steel properly to maintain its spring..
Money Clip mark 1
I will try it with cut coins as soon as I have the process down..
I like it! Keep us posted as you make progress.
MK 2 used a different gas mix and rouge instead of a polishing disk..
Getting better..
That looks really nice. :)
Great looking for a prototype.
Keep giving us updates
Getting a few done.. polishing will take the longest time i suspect..
(http://www.mycoins.us/forum/Jewelry/DSC_0020.jpg)
I'm not much of a money clip guy myself, but I think the whole thing would look cool plated after brazing or attaching the coin.
I would need to plate it in copper before gold or silver and I have no more copper plating solution. Its a hassle to make but I like your idea.. maybe just plate the coins in gold. i can direct plate to Nickel.
I bet gold plated money clips with coins would sell really well.