CASTLE KOTCT

Worldwide Coins & Bank Notes => Member Worldwide Coins & Bank Notes => Other World Coins => Topic started by: Triggersmob on December 18, 2014, 05:21:58 AM

Title: Coins from Iraq
Post by: Triggersmob on December 18, 2014, 05:21:58 AM
I recently made a new friend on Facebook.
His name is Mohammed and he hails from Iraq.
His main passion is Mint stamps, but he collects
coins too. I have just completed a trade with him
and this is a sample of the coins I received.
Title: Re: Coins from Iraq
Post by: Triggersmob on December 18, 2014, 05:26:15 AM
Also received a 10000 Dinar note.
Title: Re: Coins from Iraq
Post by: SirStacksALot on December 18, 2014, 07:01:24 AM
Pretty cool coins. I like all of the different shapes that they use.  That's a pretty cool banknote too, did they go through some hyperinflation over in Iraq at some point in time? 10000 is a pretty big number.
Title: Re: Coins from Iraq
Post by: Triggersmob on December 18, 2014, 08:17:07 AM
I think the inflation might be ongoing now. Currently one U.S. dollar is worth 1162 Iraqi Dinar.
So that note I post is equivalent to USD$8.60
Title: Re: Coins from Iraq
Post by: SirStacksALot on December 18, 2014, 10:46:16 AM
According to Wikipedia http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_dinar

In 1959 1 Dinar = 2.8 US dollars,  in 1989 1 Dinar = 3.21 US dollars, but in 1995 1 US dollar = 3000 Dinars.  Pretty huge devaluation.
Title: Re: Coins from Iraq
Post by: Erik on December 18, 2014, 02:15:26 PM
Quote from: triggersmob on December 18, 2014, 08:17:07 AM
I think the inflation might be ongoing now. Currently one U.S. dollar is worth 1162 Iraqi Dinar.
So that note I post is equivalent to USD$8.60

So price of coins is very cheap :) :) :) They are beautiful and very interesting coins. You could to trade more sets for excellent price.
Title: Re: Coins from Iraq
Post by: Triggersmob on December 18, 2014, 05:09:25 PM
Quote
So price of coins is very cheap :) :) :) They are beautiful and very interesting coins. You could to trade more sets for excellent price.

I will do another trade with Mohammed next year. :)