CASTLE KOTCT

News & Notices => Admin & Moderator Notices => Topic started by: TKO on October 02, 2015, 08:43:57 PM

Title: Changes in the Header
Post by: TKO on October 02, 2015, 08:43:57 PM
I'm sure you have seen this but, have you really noticed that I finished up the code for adding the users online in the header. Now you don't have to scroll down to the bottom to see who is here. I also did a little change on the header background. What I done here was made the image transparent and let the actual forum color through. Kind of soothing isn't it.

All for now and a few days,

TKO
Title: Re: Changes in the Header
Post by: Triggersmob on October 03, 2015, 02:17:11 AM
I did notice the  users at the top. Now I can see who is available for chat without scrolling.
Is there a hide function, so anyone who is a bit shy, can hide themselves from chat?
Title: Re: Changes in the Header
Post by: Pocketcoins on October 03, 2015, 09:05:38 AM
This is so nice :) Now if we only had some soothing music as we read. Maybe some opry music? ??? That would be Grand Ole Opry of course. ;D ;D ::) ::)
Title: Re: Changes in the Header
Post by: TKO on October 03, 2015, 10:43:02 AM
Sorry...no music. I figured it would interfere with all of the ooh's and aah's. So you just going to need to hum.  :o

Chat for the bashful is kind of built in. It's like that telephone feature "caller ID". Just don't answer.  ;D
Title: Re: Changes in the Header
Post by: TKO on October 03, 2015, 05:28:25 PM
I'm surprised no one has said anything about the medallion being replaced.
Title: Re: Changes in the Header
Post by: Nevol on October 03, 2015, 05:45:11 PM
Just goes to show how efficiently you do things, so smoooothly we don't even notice!

The Castle looks great!
Title: "New" Changes in the Header
Post by: TKO on October 31, 2015, 06:43:29 PM
Well I went and did it again...

I couldn't see us starting off brand new without cleaning up the header area once and for all. I solicited fresh medallion images from Daniel Carr about a month ago and finally got them to stay like a picture and not get all cartoony on me. Then, I sought out a new Castle image to replace the old and dingy darkside castle we had before. I even re-done the text in the center to clear up all the rough edges it had before. (Yes the edges were rough on the text the castle and the medallion for those of us who have aging eyes) I think it has brightened things up a little and looks a lot more welcoming. I think if everyone is OK with this I can call it a wrap on the cosmetics aspect. If it looks like you can't live with it I'll leave it alone. Otherwise, I can change it all back.

All for now,

TKO
Title: Re: Changes in the Header
Post by: Triggersmob on October 31, 2015, 06:50:31 PM
Looks all good to me Terry. Job well done I would say. :)
Title: Re: Changes in the Header
Post by: Humpybong on November 01, 2015, 02:29:46 AM


Well done...you deserve a few days off.

Title: Re: Changes in the Header
Post by: Nevol on November 01, 2015, 06:09:16 AM
Looks great ! Thanks Terry! Must be time for you to take it easy for a while.  ;D
Title: Re: Changes in the Header
Post by: Paint Your Wagon on November 01, 2015, 08:40:26 AM
Superb Terry


I have a question
Do we know how many visitor hits we get per week ?
If there are many visitors that do not request membership then maybe we could put all the medals next to that knight medal and
say underneath medals produced by this forum come and join us
Title: Re: Changes in the Header
Post by: Pocketcoins on November 01, 2015, 09:00:08 AM
 :o :o Dang the eye Doctor, just let TKO do his thing. ;D ;D ;D I thought all the fuzz's was just my eye's. Looking Good. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Title: Re: Changes in the Header
Post by: TKO on November 01, 2015, 09:50:31 AM
Quote from: Paint Your Wagon on November 01, 2015, 08:40:26 AM
Superb Terry


I have a question
Do we know how many visitor hits we get per week ?
If there are many visitors that do not request membership then maybe we could put all the medals next to that knight medal and
say underneath medals produced by this forum come and join us

Well, actually no. I was instructed in the very beginning to set things up not to allow guests to browse the site. This is why it is so important to use referrals. Any aspect of the site can be tailored to allow Guest viewing but, nothing is set this way.
Title: Re: Changes in the Header
Post by: SirStacksALot on November 01, 2015, 08:34:12 PM
The header looks great Terry.  Nice job  ;D
Title: Re: Changes in the Header
Post by: Paint Your Wagon on November 02, 2015, 09:52:18 AM
Maybe we should at least make our medallions visible for everybody
I sometimes see visitors in our castle
I suppose they can only see the headers