To the west east of France lies Switzerland.
They have some of the longest running series of coins.
Quote from: Triggersmob on October 16, 2015, 06:16:00 AM
To the west of France lies Switzerland.
Uh, sorry, but to the West of France lies the Atlantic Ocean. Switzerland lies to the East ;)
Yeah, the Swiss have some pretty nice coins.
QuoteThey have some of the longest running series of coins.
I agree!
It makes it so much easier to look up the KM#.
Helvetica 1892
Vrenelli Helvetia
Quote from: redlock on October 16, 2015, 11:59:37 AM
Quote from: Triggersmob on October 16, 2015, 06:16:00 AM
To the west of France lies Switzerland.
Uh, sorry, but to the West of France lies the Atlantic Ocean. Switzerland lies to the East ;)
Yeah, the Swiss have some pretty nice coins.
Oops typo, but it was late when I posted these. Thanks for pointing it out Ralf.
I have fixed it now. :)
August you have some really nice gold coins.
Nancy, I agree it is easy to look up the KM#, but a big job to put together a full set.
I only shoot for one coin per type, not one of every year, so it's no drama for me.
Are you collecting an entire set of some Swiss coins? If yes, which ones?
Quote from: Nevol on October 16, 2015, 07:35:54 PM
I only shoot for one coin per type, not one of every year, so it's no drama for me.
Are you collecting an entire set of some Swiss coins? If yes, which ones?
I am trying to collect all years for all denominations.
Still lots that I need to complete most set, but if I look at the 10 Rappens first, then I need everything before 1962, except 1912. :)
Quote from: Triggersmob on October 16, 2015, 07:01:19 PM
Quote from: redlock on October 16, 2015, 11:59:37 AM
Quote from: Triggersmob on October 16, 2015, 06:16:00 AM
To the west of France lies Switzerland.
Uh, sorry, but to the West of France lies the Atlantic Ocean. Switzerland lies to the East ;)
Yeah, the Swiss have some pretty nice coins.
Oops typo, but it was late when I posted these. Thanks for pointing it out Ralf.
I have fixed it now. :)
West of France is the North Sea
I am ashamed to say I never wondered how far the Nort Sea goes and were the Atlantic starts
But I think the war landing at Juma beach and the other beaches are still the North Sea
I got no bandwith to look it up now
If this map is correct, then the North Sea only just touches the northern end of France. The rest is the English Channel and then the west is the Atlantic Ocean.
Quote from: Triggersmob on October 17, 2015, 08:13:39 AM
If this map is correct, then the North Sea only just touches the northern end of France. The rest is the English Channel and then the west is the Atlantic Ocean.
The Germans thought the invasion would be in Pas de Calais the narowest point between the UK and France but it was in
Normandy
So that would be the English Channel
I did not know this but that still leaves open the question whether France is in contact with the Atlantic and were the Atlantic starts
The West of France in the Bay of Biscay (hope I've got that name correct) would be in the Atlantic wouldn't it?
Quote from: Pocketcoins on October 17, 2015, 08:43:58 AM
The West of France in the Bay of Biscay (hope I've got that name correct) would be in the Atlantic wouldn't it?
No
I think the Atlantic does not reach the shores of France
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_of_Biscay
If you look at this quote from the Wikipedia site, it seems the Bay of Biscay is part of the Atlantic Ocean.
"The Bay of Biscay... is a gulf of the northeast Atlantic Ocean."