CASTLE KOTCT

News & Notices => Admin & Moderator Notices => Topic started by: TKO on January 19, 2018, 04:37:59 PM

Title: Fixed & Broke at the same time.......
Post by: TKO on January 19, 2018, 04:37:59 PM
Well, my I fixed 9 things and in the process broke (lost) todays posts. I tried to prevent it but, to no avail. My apologies. I seen Gluggo and EgCollector on site at the time. I think Gluggo made a post to Trigg's cruise thread but not sure about all. It was at the most 5 or 6 posts and once again my apologies.

Your Tired Servant,

TKO
Title: Re: Fixed & Broke at the same time.......
Post by: Triggersmob on January 19, 2018, 06:53:39 PM
Messages must have disappeared too. I  received an email from KOTCT saying I had a message from you (TKO),
but when I came to the forum there was no message.

Steve 
Title: Re: Fixed & Broke at the same time.......
Post by: TKO on January 19, 2018, 08:55:45 PM
Quote from: TKO-100™ PM to Triggersmob on January 19, 2018, 08:25:59 PM
I'll bet what you experienced was a message notice left in your profile cache. When you logged on it remembered prior to the database restore. The cache remembers the PM message received prior to me killing the the messages file. I then restore the site to earliest safe data point and it was 12 hours prior.

You logged in and got a new message notice for a post that could very well been lost in the restore. I'm lucky it was just a handful of messages. I did just reinstate 4yrs worth of deleted posts along with 32 prior members that were deleted for one reason or another

Well... I hope you give me good news!