A Lousy Pic Of a Lovely Coin 1860 $1

Started by scottishmoney, August 20, 2008, 08:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

scottishmoney



NGC PF-63, a bright blast WHITE, the way they were made, and the way this stayed... no narsty toning.

KurtS

Beautiful coin!  :o Amazing surface for one of that era.

Nighthawk

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Goose

And to think that Lincoln was alive when that coin was minted.......A truely nice coin!

edix

I don't know about a lousy pic, since it looks like one of the nicest coins I've ever seen.

S.George

It is by giving others, we actually receive from G

DL20K

I'd say that there is no pic, but I might be wrong  ;)

ElleKitty

No, you'd be correct.  The link to the photo is still there, but it looks like the photo was deleted from the webspace it had occupied.  So, there is no way to view the photo short of asking ScottishMoney / the real OIdDan to put it back up.
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Triggersmob

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

ElleKitty

It's probably still in your temporary files, triggersmob.  I went so far as to follow the link that was posted, and it came up missing.
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

scottishmoney

Sorry, I had misnamed the file and it didn't correlate with the rest of the naming conventions of my files in the USA folder so I renamed it without thinking I had posted links to it here.  So modified the original post with the new file name.

S.George

 :D

Oh!  What a Nice coin.   It glitters like au.
George
It is by giving others, we actually receive from G

DL20K

That has less scratches than my lousy modern Chinese proofs  ;D
About the photo - although maybe not perfect, it is good enough for showing the coin's quality. Looks a bit like it was taken through plastic (slab). That's always more difficult.

CoinCrusader42


S.George

 :D

Dear Friends:

I post a scan of rare Danish India 'Lead' coins.  Even in VG grade they are rare.
George
It is by giving others, we actually receive from G

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

TwoShadows

My old Seated Liberty dollars went on the sale block when I lost my job in the fall of 2005. I know what I got for them back then and they were not nearly as good condition as the jewel Scottishmoney is showing us. Those dollars, in that condition, do not come easily nor cheaply. That is a fantastic addition to any collection both in rarity and value. Great coin!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

scottishmoney

I have an 1859-O that is probably one of my worst dollar coins in my collection.  It is VG at the best.  It is with all my Morgans, circs all, CC's S's etc.  I think I am going to be holding off on buying more coins and banknotes for the time being, I think prices are going to go lower, and the parsimonious Scot in myself wants to hold out for a lower price on goodies.