Quick "KT's" contest ripoff...

Started by josemartins, October 08, 2008, 04:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JoseMartins

 ;D

I've got this coin to give away:

Portugal - 2.5 Euro - Beijing 2008:



To win: be the first to identify this coin correctly:


Important tip: There isn't a "5" in the denomination!

Post your answer by replying to this thread.


Good luck! 8)
Jose

latman

My guess is that Miss Kitty will get it right  :)


KurtS

Exactly, a job for Kitty  ;D ...that Lion looks familiar, but I can't place it yet.

ElleKitty

Wow, you guys are expecting a lot out of me!

It does look familiar, but so far I haven't been able to place it either. 
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

JoseMartins

Taught that i didn't have to post any clues...

- That's a XXth century coin...


Jose 

KurtS

Kitty, lol...well, if anyone could get this right, I'd bet on you!
I'll flip pages through Krause this evening...I only have wild guesses at this moment.

Tobyle

I'm STILL searching ....... have been right through my Krause catalogue (but I think it's an abridged version) without any luck!

Triggersmob

I don't have a catalogue, but I've had a good look in Don's Coin World and haven't found it yet.

 
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Sap

KoCT #21

The early bird gets the worm, sure, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

ElleKitty

Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Tobyle

QuoteI've had a good look in Don's Coin World and haven't found it yet.

I've been trying that one as well!!!!!

JoseMartins

...OK, time for more clues  ;D:

Ask yourself:
- Which countries have a lion in their arms?
- Which country i am from?

Note also that my second post in this thread actually has two clues.

...and the coin is definitely on Don's website.

Good luck,
Jose

Nevol

Portugal 1000 REIS - 1910  (MAYBE OTHER YEARS AS WELL)
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

ElleKitty

Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

KurtS

QuotePortugal 1000 REIS
Portugal was the first country I checked, LOL...now I see it in Krause, but just barely.  ;D
Congrats Nancy!

ElleKitty

yeah, the picture in Krause is pretty washed out. :(  Hard to see, and certainly not a major design element!

Congratulations on a mind-boggling contest, josemartins. :D
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

JoseMartins

Here it is  ;D :



The two coin set (500 and 1000 Reis) isn't very popular but i like it.

Congrats Nancy! Thanks for participating, just PM me the address you want me to send the 2.5 Euro coin.


Jose  8)

Tobyle

Congratulations Nancy! ..... and thanks for the contest, Josemartins - enjoyed the search ...... even if I did totally overlook the coin!

Triggersmob

I also checked Portugal, but did not find it on Don's website.
I took the XX in Josemartins first clue as an indication that
it might be Portugal, as this is how they show 20 on there coins.


Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Nevol

Jose,  My prize arrived today. ;D  Thank you very much.  8)
My total count of coins from Portugal just quadrupled.  I had one, now I have 4.   :)

I received the 2008 Beijing 2.5 â,¬ plus a 1917 4 centavos, and a 1981 25 Escudos.  ;D
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Triggersmob

Don't stop at four, Nancy.
Portugal coins are among my favourites, especially the 50 centavos.



Don't now what it is about them, but I just love them. 
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

JoseMartins

Glad you like them Nancy  :), altough your portuguese coin collection only tripled because that 25 Escudos was actually issued for the Madeira Islands.