Exonumia Anyone?

Started by Nighthawk, February 20, 2009, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nighthawk

How about a nice Lincoln medal?  ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

And the reverse.  ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Eringobraugh

This is my latest medal from france 1828.....If anyone knows anything more about it,feel free to add!
"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte

Eringobraugh

Sorry for hijacking your thread Nighthawk,I meant to post this i its own place :'( :'( :'(
"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte

Nighthawk

Quote from: eringobraugh on February 20, 2009, 09:06:15 PM
Sorry for hijacking your thread Nighthawk,I meant to post this i its own place :'( :'( :'(
That's quite alright! You keep posting pics like that BEAUTIFUL French medal, you can hijack my thread ANYTIME!  :)
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Eringobraugh

Nighthawk...Its good to know that there are other who can appreciate beauty when they see it,I believe the Art Nouveau medals of france are some of the Prettiest medals ever made...

I kinda lucked out at getting this medal cheap,but,it seems like the better looking medals are getting more and more expensive and harder for the common working man to afford and that really is a shame!
"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte

EgCollector

nice Lincoln medal Nighthawk  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

This is avery beautiful medal eringobraugh  :)
What about the other side?
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Erik

Really beautiful coloured medal eringobraugh .  :) :) :) I very like similar coulored medals or coins.
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

Nighthawk

......More exonumia from your humble servant's collection...... ENJOY!  ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

 ;D  ;D  ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

 ;D  ;D  ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

 ;D  ;D  ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

 ;D  ;D  ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971


Eringobraugh

I really like the Robert E lee and Da Vinci medals,Are they BOTH silver
"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte

Eringobraugh

Reverse of the French medal
"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte

Nighthawk

Quote from: eringobraugh on February 21, 2009, 05:32:11 PM
I really like the Robert E lee and Da Vinci medals,Are they BOTH silver
The Robert E. Lee is silver, Leonardo is pewter I think!  :)
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

EgCollector

Quote from: Nighthawk on February 21, 2009, 01:27:42 PM
......More exonumia from your humble servant's collection...... ENJOY!  ;D

The 1972 medal is a beauty  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

The Leonardo Da Vinci medal is very interesting, Do you have a better pic for it Nighthawk?
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Quote from: EgCollector on February 21, 2009, 04:57:15 AM
This is a very beautiful medal eringobraugh  :)
What about the other side?
Quote from: eringobraugh on February 21, 2009, 05:46:53 PM
Reverse of the French medal


Still very beautiful, Thanks for sharing  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Nighthawk

Another new addition to my medal collection today:  100th Anniversary Ness Co. Old Settlers Reunion, June 12,13,14, 1980   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

And I picked this one up today at the MSNS Spring Show.  HUMPYBONG you should appreciate this one!   ;D 
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

Reverse side of medal   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Humpybong



Oh!   Nice one John, have not seen many of those around.

Lucky find.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

NoHope587

I'll add to the pile....
Nothing special just from a place I used to lurk for a few years...

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Nighthawk

That's a very nice medal Richard. Thanks for sharing it with us!   :)
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

TwoShadows

Tell me some more about that DRAGON Nohope! It is ironic that just today I typed in DRAGON in the world medallions search engine on Ebay. No luck!
So how big is that beauty and are they floating around down there waiting for someone like me/us to get our hands on?
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

NoHope587

Its about the size of a Morgan. I don't know how many were made but not that many.
Here is another...

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Templar

I WANTED TO SHARE 4 HOBO COINS WITH YOU.............THEY ARE BY AN ENGRAVER OUTSIDE OF LAS VEGAS BY THE NAME OF STEVE COX.........THE TOP TWO ARE COUNTERFIET TRADE DOLLARS WHICH HE ENGRAVED FOR ME---ONE WITH CHARLIE CHAN ON A LARGE COIN THAT TURNED OUT TO BE COPPER UNDERNEATH---THE SECOND IS ONE WITH NWDCC ON THE TOP(NORTHWEST DETROIT COIN CLUB) OF WHICH I AM A MEMBER--------THE 2 ON THE BOTTOM REPRESENT A CHARACTER FROM LORD OF THE RINGS ON A OLD BUFFALOE NICKEL ---AND THE OTHE IS A COPY OF A PICTURE THAT APPEARED IN OUR LOCAL NEWS PAPER WHEN THEY CLOSED THE OLD BASEBALL STADIUM AND MOVED INTO A NEW ONE----THE CORNER OF MICHIGAN AND TRUBULL IS WHERE THE BASEBALL TEAM PLAYED BALL FROM 1896 TO 1999----IT IS ENGRAVED ON A 1896 SILVER DOLLAR..........I HOPE YOU CAN ENJOY THE WORK THAT WENT INTO THEIR ENGRAVING........

YOUR SERVANT AND FRIEND..........THE TEMPLAR


P.S.--------THAT IS GOLD INLAY ON A COUPLE OF THE COINS
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

Nighthawk

Hawaii 1979 Kona Dollar   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

Reverse of medal above   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

Australia Ounce 1989 (1991) Aluminum advertising piece  X# MB1a   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

Reverse of token above   ;D  Note the word "COPY"   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

Quote from: Nighthawk on April 25, 2010, 01:37:07 PM
Reverse of token above   ;D  Note the word "COPY"   ;D
Sorry, here it is.   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Humpybong



They are ALL very nice,  I wish I had a few dollars to spare but have spent my allowance for the next 6 months (so my wife says).

Thanks guys for showing us these fantastic coins.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Nighthawk

Another new addition to my medal collection:  200th Anniversary of the United States Constitution 1787-1987   ;D  A real BEAUTY!!!   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

Reverse of medal above   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

NoHope587

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Snooba


Snooba


Snooba


Snooba


Paint Your Wagon

Those are very nice Snooba and in good conditions
Green spots hurt my fragile sensitivities  :)
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Triggersmob

I agree, very nice indeed,
and great to see you posting again, Snooba.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Nighthawk

BEAUTIFUL medals! Thank you for sharing them with us!   :)
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Templar

WHAT A TREMENDOUS SET OF COINS-THANKS FOR SHARING------PRINTER/SCANNER STILL DOWN SO I AM UNABLE TO SHARE SO RECENT ADDITIONS TO MY ESTATE---BUT I WILL BE BACK SOON.........THANKS AGAIN FOR THE GREAT LOOK AT THE COINS

     YOUR SERVANT AND FRIEND..........THE TEMPLAR
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

NoHope587

In the process of revamping my site.  I have started working on the Token/Medal section

http://www.mycoins.us/Tokens/Tokens.htm
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Pocketcoins

Nice site you have there Richard. I will look at it more when I have more time.   ;D  ;D

Triggersmob

Nice to see the KOTCT medals on display. I see you have given them all catalgoue numbers too.
How did you manage to score a 2008 mule?
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Nighthawk

1990 Goodwill Games   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

Reverse of medal above   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

Republic of Vietnam Service   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

Reverse of medal above   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

Henry Ford, Edsel Ford, Henry Ford II   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

Reverse of medal above   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

NoHope587

The last one to be added to my web page....


Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Templar

VERY NICE COLLECTION OF TOKENS..........I WISH MORE OF THE CASTLE PEOPLE WOULD SHARE A COIN OR TWO WITH US.......I FIND IT ALWAYS EDUCATIONAL TO SEE THE DIFFERENT VARIETIES THAT EXIST OR HAVE EXISTED OVER TIME....THANKS MUCH

YOUR FRIEND AND SERVANT...........THE TEMPLAR
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

Nighthawk

Here's a cool website for us exonumists! www.exonumia.com   :)  Check it out. I seen lots of cool stuff there!   :)
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

Here are some cool medals I posted before, but they got lost in cyberspace, I guess... So here they are again:  Beautiful Franklin Mint bronze medals depicting scenes from American history.   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

But the really amazing thing is that I paid only $1 each for them!   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

Aviation greats..................   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

Production in World War II.........   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

Shipping...........   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

Celebrating Admiral Dewey..........   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

Spanish - American War   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Humpybong



Very nice John.

How do you get such good bargains.......do you have something on the dealers?

;D
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Nighthawk

I don't know about that Barry, but it seems that alot of dealers don't like messing around with Franklin Mint stuff for some reason! I don't understand why! FM has always put out some really cool items over the years, and has even produced coinage for many different countries, but when it comes to stuff like this, they're kinda not interested. I ended up buying 50 of these beautiful medals. And the guy had lots more, only problem was I ran out of MONEY!!!   :)
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Triggersmob

Beautiful medals, John.
Thanks for sharing them and good to see you posting again.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Templar

THERE ARE 200 DIFFERENT MEDALS PUT OUT FOR OUR BICENTENNEIAL...
JOHN STUMBLED ONTO THESE FOR ONLY $1 AND I BOUGHT 20 AND EVER SINCE THE SHOW I HAVE SEEN THEM FOR DIFFERENT PRICES--SOME AS HIGH A $6 APIECE----I PUT SOME ON  WHEN I GOT THEM AND I WOULD LIKE TO PRESENT JUST A FEW MORE---HOPEFULLY YOY HAVE NOT SEEN THESE..
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

Templar

DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

Templar

HERE ARE THE LAST FEW----LIKE I SAID--NIGHTHAWK DOESN'T MISS MUCH---AHD IT WAS HE WHO HELPED ME GET MINE FOR ONLY $1 EACH---JUST BEFORE THE PRICE JUMPED...
I SPOKE TO A DEALER AT THE STATE SHOW ABOUT THESE TOKENS AND THE MAN SAID HE ONLY HAD A FEW LEFT AT $6 EACH--2 FOR $10.........SO SOMETIMES YOU NEED TO HUNT IN PAIRS......THANKS AGAIN TO JOHN ---IF HE HAD NOT RUN OUT OF MONEY I MIGHT NEVER HAD GOTTEN ANY AT ALL LOL
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!