KOTCT Countdown

Started by TKO, August 20, 2013, 08:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TKO

I guess we can begin counting down to the end of the KOTCT site. Twoshadows doesn't have the money to renew the domain name and hosting through GoDaddy. If the fees are not paid by Sept. 2, GoDaddy will pull the plug on the site.

If anyone would like to donate to the cause, contact Twoshadows at mountainclimber51@yahoo.com
TKO-100

Humpybong


How much is needed to renew domain?

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Triggersmob

Richard (Nohope) has already pledged the money from sales of KOTCT medals. I'm sure he left a message asking Twoshadows to contact him, so he could transfer the money.  

This was the thread.....
http://knightsofthecointable.com/membersforum2/index.php?topic=2060.msg46802#msg46802
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

TKO

I have had little to no contact with Twoshadows over the last 7 months. Other than a couple of brief Facebook chats, I haven't seen him since well before I found out about my cancer and that was at the end of February. I'd go see him but he hasn't ever told me how to get to his house. (as you can probably figure out, we're really close)

The last chat was Monday and he told me the fund situation was not looking good. I don't know if Nohope has donated or not.

I just don't know.
TKO-100

AdamL

I could afford to make a small donation.
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Goose


Paint Your Wagon

Quote from: TKO on August 20, 2013, 09:27:10 PM
I have had little to no contact with Twoshadows over the last 7 months. Other than a couple of Facebook chats, I haven't seen him since well before I found out about my cancer and that was at the end of February. I'd go see him but he hasn't told me how to get to his house. (as you can probably figure out, we're really close)

The last chat was Monday and he told me the fund situation was not looking good. I don't know if Nohope has donated or not.

I just don't know.

As of yesterday there was no news from nohope and I am not sure he is aware of the situation
I asked terry to clarify the financial situation and why so many members were deleted
I only received word that he would look at the old yahoo site as back up which I suggested
I think one of the moderators has to sum up the finances and the shortfalls since
terry is not going to ask for help explicitly
It would be a shame we lost this site for an unknown amount of yearly dues especially since
a lot of so called members are really medal collectors which should pay a contribution over the metal
price imho
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Templar

WELL IT SEEMS THAT IT IS PUT UP OR SHUT UP TIME AND OUR MEMBERSHIP HAS BEEN SO GOOD OVER TIME THAT I FEEL THEY WOULD HELP IF THEY KNEW WHERETO SEND IT AND TO WHOM-------IF ANY BODY CAN ANSWER THOSE TWO QUESTIONS-----1.HOW MUCH IS OWED ? AND 2. WHERE DO WE SEND OUR DONATION TO ?. WE CAN GET THIS TRAIN ON TRACK AND SAVE THE SITE---COME ON COMRADES---DOWN IN THE DUNGEONS AND BREAK OPEN THE VALUABLES AND LETS GET A CHECK OFF JUST AS SOON AS WE GET AN ADDRESS...............

YOUR FRIEND AND SERVANT-------THE TEMPLAR
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

TKO

Terry told me it was right at $300.00 and he is the only one that can pay GoDaddy for it.
TKO-100

Pocketcoins

I will help also just as someone can get it set up.

Humpybong



OK....what PayPal address can we send funds to?

If we all gave a bit we will save the forum.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

TwoShadows

I have attempted to get into GoDaddy and have had no luck. I have tried to sell some of our donated medallions through Ebay and have been denied due to a browser problem which I am still working on. And of course, the last year and a half medical expenses have hit my finances just like many of you. I will try and get an actual total due and get it posted here.
I will say the loss of information, due to our crash, has had a huge impact on me and my records which were all stored here. The payments due will be applied to one of my credit cards automatically IF I still own that card which I do not know due to my inability to get into the GoDaddy account. Yeah, I know one big screwed up mess!
I will see what I can find out and repost here in a couple of days. Hang in there and we will get it straightened out.
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

AdamL

Thank you to both TKO and Twoshadows for the updates. I know we'll get it all worked out :)
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Muckeye

have just emailed Twoshadows.
I will cover the cost as soon as I hear from him.

regards Muckeye.
Muckeye ~ Knight #30

TwoShadows

I have deleted domain names which we do not need to keep up online. Nearest I can tell, at this time, we have to come up with $191.56 for hosting and $23.44 for each of the two domain names we must keep. If any of you do need to email please do it here or at mountainclimber51@yahoo.com. My hotmail account is very sporatic since they changed to Outlook. I have a message from Muckeye in my hotmail account which I have been unable to open.

Also suffering from some computer problems (just when I don't need them) so be patient if you do email.
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Triggersmob

Goodonya, Muckeye.

Thanks very much.  :) :) :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Nighthawk

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Paint Your Wagon

Super to be on line for another year
Thank you  :)
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Humpybong


I see a knight on a white charger.......but with rusty armour coming to save us.

Thank you Sir Muckeye.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Muckeye

To all Knights,

The charger got through alright and so did the funds.
They should be in Twoshadows hands by now.
Glad to be able to help.

regards MUCKEYE.
Muckeye ~ Knight #30

Humpybong

Message from TwoShadows:

"Muckeye, our friend in Australia, has offered to pay the domain name and hosting renewal so that we will remain online for another 2 years. We have managed to survive once again and do hope we can put things back to normal as we move forward. Many of us are suffering hardships, in one way or another, and to have one individual step up at this time is more than a blessing. A heartfelt THANKYOU go out to our Knight Muckeye (BOB) for his generousity."



The Knight on the white charger has arrived.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

AdamL

Well done Sir Muckeye! And thank you.
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Triggersmob

Thanks Bob, much appreciated.  :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Mackinac

in all trust there is a possibility of betrayal

Pocketcoins

Good job Muckeye   8) Now those of us who said we are willing to help need to send some cash along with our good wishes. Give us some Pay-Pal info if you have it Muckeye.

TwoShadows

It is DONE! The payments have been made thanks to Muckeye. I can assure you all there will be no last minute hussle two years from now. We are back on track and moving forward. Thank you Muckeye.
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Muckeye

In regards to Pocket Coins comments!
I do not wish any member to aid me in any way.
If you have any spare cash sent it to the Knights as a general
donation or give it to a good charity.
regards, MUCKEYE.
Muckeye ~ Knight #30

Pocketcoins


Erik

I was delayed but thank you very much Sir MUCKEYE  :)
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

Nevol

A huge "Thank You" to Muckeye (Bob) and his little mate Gizmo.
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

ElleKitty

Thank you so much Muckeye!  I just wandered my way back to the Castle just to find out it was being repossessed!

Thank you Thank you Thank you! :-*
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Eringobraugh

Havent been here for a while...But just wanted to say thanks to Muckeye,not many would do what he did...So Thanks Again!!
"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte