Can anyone identify these coins?

Started by SirStacksALot, September 27, 2014, 01:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SirStacksALot

I picked up quite a few random world coins last weekend at a coin show. Most of them were mixed in a cigar box at 6 for 1 dollar. There were four of them that I could not identify.  Here are pictures of those four. Does anyone here know what they are?

Triggersmob

Coin #1 ... Austria 1893 20 Heller
Coin #2 ... Bulgaria 1959 50 Stotinki
Coin #3 ... Ethiopia 1944 (measure diameter and check this link for denomination) ... http://en.numista.com/catalogue/index.php?r=ethiopia+1944&cc=y&cn=y&cu=y&cat=y&mode=simplifie&p=1&e=&d=&km=&i=&v=&m=&a=&t=&dg=&w=&g=
Coin #4 ... Egypt 1943 10 Mallamat
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Templar

VERY NICE WORK TRIG................VERY UNIQUE COINS---THE FIRST WITH THE EAGLE WAS EASY BUT THE REST GAVE ME A LOT OF GRIEF..

DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

SirStacksALot

Thank you for the info Steve. How did you figure out what they were?

Triggersmob

I have similar coins to these, in my collection, so I knew what countries they were from.
Then I just used Numista.com to pinpoint the right coin. Three of them had dates, that I
could read, already on them, so just had to work out the Ethiopia coins date.

Here's a few websites I use to help find the coins and values...
http://en.numista.com/
http://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/world/
http://worldcoingallery.com/

This one is great for working out the dates...
http://creounity.com/apps/time_machine/index.php?go=main.htm&lang=en
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260