Help with US errors please

Started by ausjack, July 15, 2015, 02:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ausjack

Hope this works, need a little help with what I think might be US errors and any idea on a price on these thank for any assistance :)
I think the 79 dime might have a filled D and a funny coldshut on the date on the indian head and coldshut and weak strike on the N but probably wrong with all of them


Triggersmob

Might need some help from our U.S. friends on these.
I know there is a filled S type Dime for 1979, but not
familiar with a filled D.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

ausjack

Thanks Steve, at first I thought it must have been some sort of cut..they might be worth a squillion dollars   :o but I doubt it  ;)

MattTheRiley

I'd say the "filled" D is a die chip, or broken die, probably worth a small premium (like 15 cents instead of 10!)  The 1970s were notorious for "filled" mint marks on US coinage.

The IHC looks, to me, to be post mint damage, but I can't say for sure from the image. Is the area in question on the obverse incused or in relief?
Hiding in Oregon, USA

ausjack

Thanks Matt, yahoo a hole 15 cents so with change over maybe 20 cents AU LOL. I'll try and get some better pic's of the IHC later, probably just PMD :(