Random World Coins

Started by Triggersmob, September 14, 2015, 09:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Triggersmob

Posting pics of a few world coins, to test our new site.
Please feel free to add some of yours.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Humpybong


You have some very nice coins there triggs.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Triggersmob

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

AnotherKnight

NSW Australia

Triggersmob

Thanks. I know you have received some nice ones recently, maybe you could post some of them.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

AnotherKnight

Mate, so now you want me to do some work, ok I'll try and get some pic's next fine day we have because it's been raining here so the weather is pretty ordinary.
NSW Australia

Triggersmob

Who said anything about pics? I mean post them back to me LOL.
No, just kidding, I want to see the pics. :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

AnotherKnight

 Umm let me think about that ya cheeky bugger mmm NO hahahaha not on your life :P Ok here's a couple of them for you  ;D shame it's another yucky day here sorry and I didn't want to take them out of the wrapping just yet  ::)
NSW Australia

Humpybong


Another nice set of coins......like the bi-metallic coins.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

AnotherKnight

Thanks Barry, yeah I like them too and wish our useless mint would do something like that for circulation but you know what they'd say, "it costs too much to mint them".
NSW Australia

Triggersmob

Quote from: AnotherKnight on September 16, 2015, 07:24:52 PM
Thanks Barry, yeah I like them too and wish our useless mint would do something like that for circulation but you know what they'd say, "it costs too much to mint them".

Very nice coins, thanks for sharing them. I wish members would post more pics.
The bi-metallic coins can't cost too much. Look at India, they produce 10 Rupee
bi-metals and that's only 20c in our money. 
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Redlock

Quote from: triggersmob on September 17, 2015, 04:06:43 AM
The bimetallic coins can't cost too much. Look at India, they produce 10 Rupee
bi-metals and that's only 20c in our money.

A few years ago, production cost of a 1 Euro coin was said to be around 10 Euro Cent.
Production cost of a 2 Euro coin between 13 and 20 Euro Cent.
Different mints have different cost. For example, the German mints were said to be cheaper than the one in Austria.
Germany

SirStacksALot

Here are a few world coins that I picked up over the weekend at a local coin show. 

The 1766 Russian 5 Kopeks is a really thick and heavy copper coin, it is on a regular 2x2 to show how thick the edge is.

The 1943 steel penny had some pretty cool toning, so i picked it up.  The picture doesn't really do it justice, but it's the best I could get with the phone camera.

Triggersmob

Beautiful coins Jim, thanks for sharing.
That Russian coin is massive. :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Goose

That U S steel cent is quite a coin......the only coin ever minted is steel by the U S.  Generally, the 1943 steel cents are "re-finished", having the steel cent re-plated with zinc to be sold.  It's very obvious if a nice looking 1943 was re-plated. The above 1943 is an excellent original.....good choice.