Coins from Andorra and Luxembourg.

Started by Triggersmob, October 22, 2015, 06:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Triggersmob

At the south of France lies Andorra and to the north east of France lies Luxembourg, 2 of Europe's smaller countries.
Here are a few coins from these countries.
The Luxembourg coins remind me of Belgium coins.
Maybe August can tell us if there is a close relationship with the two countries.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Paint Your Wagon

When Luxemburg and Belgium still had the Frank the Luxemburg coins were struck in Belgium
Also Luxemburg shops would accept Belgian Franks one on one
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Paint Your Wagon

In my opinion the most beautifull coin is Countess Ermesinde
40 LF
only 5000 issued

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ermesinde,_Countess_of_Luxembourg
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Triggersmob

Another beautiful coin August. I bet it looks even better in hand.
Thanks for the Wiki link. :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Paint Your Wagon

The designer must have been a master
It is very difficult to make a rather abstract design look so beautiful

Even the dozen designers of money the paris ( french mint ) sometimes make horrible designs in my opinion
but then they have to crank out more then 50 designs a year
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way