Project: Data Recovery

Started by TKO, January 10, 2018, 06:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TKO

I can't begin to tell you how the differences in the "Old Site" and the "Live Site" has been eating at me.

I wrote a little program that HAS converted our "Old Site" database to the exact same format as the "Live Site" database and now is when the tricky stuff begins.

I am going to do what I can to pluck out the lost threads and the posts they contain, then insert them into our "Live Site" thus delivering us back as close to 100% as I can.

One thing, if their were any images attached they will likely not be recoverable. Images in these databases are handled in a very peculiar way and for someone with as little knowledge as I have, it will really put the squeeze on my brain figuring this out. I'm going to do what I can here, though it is the most difficult process of all.

Lastly, none of this is going to happen on our live site. I have an exact copy of our live site that I'm going to use as the Guinea Pig to reassemble all of this. Once the re-assembly process is functional and flawless. I will notify everyone with every means of communication we have and then do the repair in Maintenance Mode.

After I get all the data harvested and the program wrote to append the data, it should only take 15 to 20 minutes to complete.

All for now,

TKO
TKO-100

TKO

It Is all done....

All went together without a hitch. (7) threads in all were restored and most are located in Medallion Quests. Plus I put the Perpetual Give-A-Way Set in the Castle Courtyard.

Have fun!

TKO-100
TKO-100

Triggersmob

Thanks TKO.

Having a nice trip down memory lane.
So many old names. :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260