Ugly coin?

Started by Triggersmob, April 05, 2008, 07:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Triggersmob

I think this is one ugly design. What do you think?




Do you have any other ugly coins?
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

scottishmoney

I don't care for some of the modern designs from Netherlands or Luxembourg either, it was as though they had an anti-monarchist designing them.  Then there was the infamous "God Save the Queen" commem from Britain.

ElleKitty

Some of them have to be ugly. Otherwise the pretty ones wouldn't look as pretty.  ^^
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

RenaL

I like very few of modern art pieces in general, but I like the designs of this coin and some others like Belgian 5 and 50 F.


Paint Your Wagon

Quote from: RenaL on April 05, 2008, 02:54:14 PM
I like very few of modern art pieces in general, but I like the designs of this coin and some others like Belgian 5 and 50 F.



I must have spend that coin a thousand times
But after my 1970 stamp collection I can only use to mail post I was not collecting any coins  :(
In fact since I did not have internet or any catalogues I was stupid enough to keep two 500 frank pieces
I thought were silver . Now I read most are nickel so I guess I will have to try a magnet cause I guess the common nickel ones will be
magnetic but not the silver ones
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

scottishmoney

I rarely saved any Belgian coins from circulation, I only kept a few from Luxembourg, I liked them slightly better.