Hungary 2 pengo 1930s

Started by DL20K, August 24, 2008, 03:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DL20K

Hungary 2 pengo 1930s.
One of the more beautiful coins (not counting the Japanese) that I know of.  :)

ElleKitty

Wow, that is a lovely coin.  I've noticed that Hungary had some beautiful coins in the first half of the twentieth century.  This certainly is up there with the rest of them.

Thank you for sharing!
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

DL20K

For example the 5 Kr. Franz Ioseph commemorative of 1907 also has a nice design.

I do not collect Hungarian coins and I got this one during what I call ''the junk exchange''. Once in a great while I collect all the coins and other stuff that nobody wants to buy, take them to an antique shop and ask for any coin in return. The last time they gave me this. Needless to say that I was pleasantly surprised  :P

Triggersmob

That's a beauty,

Thanks for making me drool!

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Nighthawk

Beautiful coin you have there! Thanks for sharing! :)
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

EgCollector

A beautiful coin, Thanks for sharing  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Erik

Really beautiful coin DL20K. I think your collection must be excellent !!!  If you have some older copper coins with nice patina, please show their :) :) :) Thanks
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

scottishmoney

Hungary had some very beautiful coins and lovely paper money during that era.