dirty old money found help please

Started by nohope587, July 26, 2009, 06:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

NoHope587

I know nothing about notes and suspect there is nothing special here but I thought I should ask.

The link contains pictures (not good) of the interesting ones.
Including bank issued currency MPC fractional notes.
http://www.mycoins.us/WINS/Notes/notes.htm

There is also a large quantity of Silver certificates mostly well circulated.

1935 G&F
1928
1957 some uncirculated
1917
1923
1935
1899

Can anyone here help me with generic values for these?
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Nighthawk

Richard, the MPC is from 1965, listed as #M58 in the catalog, value around 50 cents or so in that condition. I also recognize the French note as an assignat, 15 Sols, #A69, and the value depends on which of the 3 varieties it is. A69a has: Watermark: LA Nation, VF, $7.50. #A69b has: Watermark: RF/15s, VF, $4.00. #A69c has: Error note w/text: LA NATION at lower r., repeated at lower l. VF, $200. Hope that helps.  ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

NoHope587

Thanks Nighthawk that's a great help.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Templar

  WOULD YOU LIKE TO EXCHANGE SOME OF THAT DIRTY OLD PAPER FOR A NICE CLEAN CHECK???---I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN PURCHASING OR TRADING FOR A FEW OF THOSE.---ESPECIALLY THE $5 ONES.
            YOUR SERVANT---THE TEMPLAR
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

NoHope587

Sorry Templar they are part of a family hoard. I doubt the others involved would be willing to part with them.
The Kilgore I will probably be sending to PCGS to confirm its authenticity.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

scottishmoney

There are 77 reported notes on the Galveston National in large sized notes, still a desirable location to have a note from though. 

The Kilgore $5 is another story, there have been only 8 recent reported sales, of 9 small sized and get this - only three large sized notes.  This note in particular is one you want to have authenticated, but it looks good from the image.  Of course it is a discovery note, being that it is so rare.

The information above is taken from the Gengerke census of United States Currency.

NoHope587

Thanks Scottishmoney. I think it needs to be authenticated as there were several obvious fake notes in the lot from the 1800's but it does feel right in hand.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Templar


  THANKS--NO PROBLEM---I WAS CONCERNED WITH THE PURPLE SIGNATURE ON ONE OF THE NOTES--THAT DID SEEM A LITTLE ODD---GOOD LUCK
                   YOUR SERVANT THE TEMPLAR :'( :'(
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

CoinCrusader42