1951 PL 6d

Started by latman, October 18, 2008, 09:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

latman

Bought this today for the bargain price of $1.80. Now I know how Kurt feels.  ;D


latman

And the reverse

Erik

Very nice coin latman !!! :) :) I know it is 41 Slovak koruna and it is really cheap very nice coin. I think you bought very good.  ;)
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

justabeginner

Erik, thats not a Slovakian coin :) It's an Australian 1951PL Sixpence coin. Its is silver and PL is the mintmark I think... :O)

KurtS

Latman--very nice find! Would you say that's aUNC or better...and nice price!  ;D
That's also a well-struck reverse; nice detail on the emu. Is that a die crack below the roo's tail?

I think Erik was comparing this to a Slovak Koruna--not mistaking for a Slovakian coin   ;D

latman

That is a die crack Kurt. Thought you would pick that up. This is a pretty common coin, and easy to find in high grades. I have a better example already, but someone I know got me interested in die cracks and the such. When I get a better camera, I will post a pic of the '21m 3d I have. It is a beautiful choice uncirculated with die cracks galore, best I have ever seen.

KurtS

Wow...I would really like to see that coin! :o I have a few from the 40s with cracks, but nothing from George V.