Aussie 1925 Penny, and some other assorted coins

Started by ElleKitty, February 28, 2009, 07:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ElleKitty

Today was the Gateway Coin Club Numismatic Show in San Antonio.  The usual dealers were there, the usual collectors too. I swear, I can meet the same people like clockwork by heading for the door at certain times...

But.  I've been saving, and today was the Day of Days!



The 1925 Penny, only 117,240 minted.  This is a nice coin, only VF but no major problems with it.  I'm quite pleased to put it into my Penny collection and call it finished.  I highly doubt I will ever call the 1930 penny mine, so it's as done as I can make it. :)

A few other Aussie coins I picked up today, working on my Predec sets:







Copper coins don't scan very well, I had to lighten all of the shots.  This is what gives them that strange colouration-  they're all nice coins in hand.
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Nighthawk

Very nice finds, Tracy! BTW, nice to see you back in the castle! My show is tomorrow. Can't wait to see what kind of goodies are waiting for me there!  :)
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

EgCollector

Congratulations on your new purchase. Beautiful coins ElleKitty  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

CoinCrusader42

I'm happy for you!

Triggersmob recently sent me a great selection of Australian pennies, and I'm going to add them to my album the first day I get a chance.

I really like English and Australian large pennies.  I have the English ones back to 1888, and a good start on the Aussie ones as well.

:) :) :) :)

CoinCrusader42

I might add that I'm at a real disadvantage in that coin shows are few and far between in western Colorado, and the one coin store that I know of in my area recently closed its doors due to the economy.

:) :) :) :)

Triggersmob

Hi Kitty,

Good to see you posting pics again, I've missed them.

Congrats on completing your Penny set.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Humpybong



Good to see you collecting some "real" coins kitty.

Very nice indeed, keep it up.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

TwoShadows

Humpybong the rumor here is Kitty is going to have them all counterstamped with "cats" so they will then be real coins? Could be the beginning of a new Australian series?
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

ElleKitty

As much as I love cats, that made me actually shudder!  I couldn't counterstamp any of these Aussie beauts with a picture of a cat-  most especially since the Feline isn't even native to my preferred country.  They're introduced pests, actually; and quite harmful to the native fauna.  :( Poor kitties.
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Triggersmob

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Erik

Excellent and magnificent coins ElleKitty !!!!  ;D ;D ;D  I love you those coins. It is my huge dream have similar coins in my collection. And your silver Ausie coins are really very very nice.  :) :) :)
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

CoinCrusader42

Regarding the "ugly cat," it was on CNN News tonight.  Propably the ugliest animal I've ever seen.

:) :) :) :)

Nighthawk

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

CoinCrusader42

Not just ugly, but scary!

My three cats would head for the hills if they saw that feline.

:) :) :) :)