AGK Contest 2010-1

Started by Paint Your Wagon, February 13, 2010, 12:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Paint Your Wagon

The contest will be open to anyone living in the castle at the close of the contest
Two winners for a silver proof medal each
A valliant knightess and a valiant knight
One entry per person
Those closest to the correct answer win ,
When several right answers a tiebreaker will be used
The money with shipping money will be sent to the castle
The winner can give the medal away if she/he is so inclined
The contest ends saturday next week greenwich midnight

Question
" I have two cocker spaniels born the same day ; they are pedigreed; what day and month of birth is on the certificate " ? Don't bother with the year only the day and month of birth.

Good Luck

CHOOSEN DATES

Nevol                      Mar  30
Skisnowmass          Apr     4
Twoshadows          Apr    17
Pocket Coins          May  16
Egcollector             July     1
Scottish                   July    5
Topher                    Sep   20
Nohope                   Nov  23
Humpybong            Dec  17
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Pocketcoins

I've just got to go with May 16  ;D Don't know why  ::)

NoHope587

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Paint Your Wagon

Quote from: Pocketcoins on February 13, 2010, 02:13:00 PM
I've just got to go with May 16  ;D Don't know why  ::)

Lucky for the cockers you did not add 1947  :D
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

skisnowmass

April 4th

That's when the ski lifts shutdown on Aspen Highlands and I start putting my gear away until next winter   :'(

Humpybong

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Nevol

Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

TwoShadows

I will go with my grandmothers birthday APRIL 17th.

Thank you for your continued support of our forum home!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

scottishmoney


Paint Your Wagon

I never guessed the answers would be that scientifically funded  :D
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Topher


Madspec

Feb 20
which is next Saturday.

madspec
SIR MADSPEC  KNIGHT #57
TO SERVE WITH Honor,Respect,and Loyalty

Templar

I WILL CHOOSE THE MORNING OF MAY 16TH--TO HELP IN CASE OF A TIE

              YOUR SERVANT---------THE TEMPLAR
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

Triggersmob

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

AdamL

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Yass


Nighthawk

August 18th. Thank you!   :)
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Tobyle


Thanks for the contest - I'll try for April 16th!

Eringobraugh

"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte

Paint Your Wagon

CHOOSEN DATES

Madspec                 Feb   20
Yass                        Feb   21
Eric                         Feb   25
Tiddyathome          Feb   28
Nevol                      Mar  30
Skisnowmass          Apr     4
Tobyle                    Apr   16
Twoshadows          Apr    17
Eringo                    Apr    27
Goose                     May    6
Templar                  May  16 early
Pocket Coins          May  16
Minky                     May  21
Triggersmob           Jun    10
Egcollector             July     1
Scottish                   July    5
Nighthawk              Aug   18
AdamL                   Aug   24
Topher                    Sep   20
Old Dan                  Oct   22
Nohope                   Nov  23
Humpybong            Dec  17
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Erik

My guess is February 25  :) Thank you
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

minky

   --  21st May--
      Thank you

Paint Your Wagon

Take your pick, try and win, there is allways two winners whatever happens
Faites vos jeux  :D
Tpatna were is your guess ?

Coming to think of it longnine if you are ashamed of winning twice you can
allways give the medal away to lady or the vagabond ( my favorate disney film )
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Goose

May 6th - Thanks for the opportunity.

Paint Your Wagon

Common Ladies
Choose a date  ;D
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Paint Your Wagon

Close only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades
In this contest the least far away can and will win  :)

Summary  ; send a date when you think my twin dogs were born and you can win a medal
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

tiddyathome


Paint Your Wagon

All those that have not picked a date ; still have a chance of winning

Faites vos jeux
The wheel keeps spinning til saturday
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Tobyle

I guess that means no-one has yet picked the right date!

Paint Your Wagon

Quote from: Tobyle on February 17, 2010, 05:30:18 AM
I guess that means no-one has yet picked the right date!

I think that is a correct
But the closest will win whatever distance to the real date

There must be no dogbreeders in our knightranks otherswise
they would know dogs get in heat twice a year and if one gets in heat
half a dozen of the other spontaneously get in heat
Even my two dogs are able to synchronise within a weeks time

What happened to Tpatna and Snooba ?
Snooba won last year a medal  :)
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Paint Your Wagon

I will try to keep this contest in the "running" posts list till sat
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Paint Your Wagon

Quote from: OldDan on February 17, 2010, 09:16:56 PM
O.K. O.K., guess I'll take a stab at guessing the date...here is when they were welped:

October 22

Thank you
I noted the date as answering the question what is on the certificate
It was a litter of 9 and half (4.5 welps)  were before midnight and
half were after midnight . One died and the rest had to be handfed
half the time since milk for 6 is like the maximum of milk available for feeding
They are English Cocker Spaniels and one is "red" the other three colors white brown black
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Paint Your Wagon

And in the most strenous activity weighing in at 17 kilo or 38 pounds
Strong and a licker
Zoentje which tranlate like little kisser
The name had to start with a Z that year for cerified dogs


Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Paint Your Wagon

And the boss of all dogs
The pack leadster
Fierce and small at 15 kilo or 33 pounds
Zoeteke which translates into little sweetheart
Don't mistake ; she is fierce

Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Tobyle

She is beautiful - love her coat!

Paint Your Wagon

Quote from: Tobyle on February 18, 2010, 08:12:02 AM
She is beautiful - love her coat!

Thanks
She gets real meat everyday and choice pastry leftovers  :)
My wife prepares their food whilst I have to take care of our food  :o
They are trimmed twice a year ( that is the dead hair is fingerplucked from the skin ; no shave siree)
They are not inbread either since I know the breader who buys a knew male every few years
I had a black one once ; still breaks my heart to think of him
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Paint Your Wagon

Last bump up of post
Lady knights show yourselves  ;D
You are a mile away of where Old Dan is and that is NOT respectfull to his age  :P
He is close to the hearth and the truth  8)
Join him
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Tobyle

Quotestill breaks my heart to think of him

Yeah - I know how that feels. My little fellow passed away just after over a year ago and I still miss him.

Paint Your Wagon

We have had dogs for a long time
This size gets to be 12-15 years normally
I have one buried and two more cremated in urns
( my wife put them with the pic of my dead mother in law  ::)

And of course we have a thousand old fashioned pictures of which most negatives
are lost in storage somewhere
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Paint Your Wagon

CHOOSEN DATES

Madspec                 Feb   20
Yass                        Feb   21
Eric                         Feb   25
Tiddyathome          Feb   28
Nevol                      Mar  30
Skisnowmass          Apr     4
Tobyle                    Apr   16
Twoshadows          Apr    17
Eringo                    Apr    27
Goose                     May    6
Templar                  May  16 early
Pocket Coins          May  16
Minky                     May  21
Triggersmob           Jun    10
Egcollector             July     1
Scottish                   July    5
Nighthawk              Aug   18
AdamL                   Aug   24
Topher                    Sep   20
Old Dan                  Oct   22
Nohope                   Nov  23
Humpybong            Dec  17
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Paint Your Wagon

It is 1pm greewich now

I still mis Tpatna ans Snooba amongst others
11 more hours to go

Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Paint Your Wagon

The correct date was 17 oct (17.10.00 in european notations on the certificate )
This makes the winners ( please correct me if I am wrong for the Knightess)

Old Dan                  Oct   22
Tiddyathome          Feb   28 wrong by 133 days and closest with Minky second at 147 days

So Merlin
Sent old dan a proof medal all paid for ( or to any young lass of his liking if he wants )
And Tiddyathome ( unless I am wrong in my count after the 4th cognac )

August
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

EgCollector

Congratulations for the winners and thanks for the contest Paint Your Wagon   :) :) :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Paint Your Wagon

Quote from: OldDan on February 21, 2010, 09:14:59 AM
Quote from: Paint Your Wagon on February 21, 2010, 08:39:33 AM
The correct date was 17 oct (17.10.00 in european notations on the certificate )
This makes the winner:             Old Dan ................ Oct   22

August
Thank you August, it's appreciated. I have decided on how I will dispose of the medal and will PM you to let you in on the plan.  I would also like to explain my thinking on how my choice of dates came to be.  As both you and I know, almost all 'hounds' will come into heat twice a year.  Springtime and again in the fall, usually in Aug/Sept. So I decided on the end of Aug as being the time of conception.  They carry their young for eight weeks and that makes delivery (welping) somewhere around the 22 of Oct.  This allows enought time to prepare the pups for delivery to their new homes sometime before Christmas and it gives you the chance of finding good homes for the entire bunch. Anyway, that was my thinking and it seemed to work out this time.

My friends from the Brabostad have been professional breeders of English Cocker Spaniels for 40 years
When one bitch gets in heat most get in heat but they only let get 4 or 5 get a male to be able to handel the volume ( They have to handfeed if more n six puppies )
Six month later they all get in heat again but the certificate only allows one nest per year
so they take the others they did not take in spring .
You only get them when they are 6 weeks old . So they try for september after the vacations and if they miss it is octobre . Normally there are like 20 whelps or none at all
sleeping on one big heap per mother .
We choose the red one the day it was born and decided four weeks later to buy a second one .
The second one was cancelled by the Xth buyer who changed its mind but its name was allready recorded .
I said to my wife the first one that wakes up and comes to lick my face is bought
It was the black tricolor one and her fixed name was aptly Little Kisser
We are too old to take on two freshly borns and the breader stopped last year since they are 70 years old . So we probably will buy two older ones from this guy we know for 40 years since he still got like 40 dogs
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Paint Your Wagon

Quote from: OldDan on February 21, 2010, 09:14:59 AM
Quote from: Paint Your Wagon on February 21, 2010, 08:39:33 AM
The correct date was 17 oct (17.10.00 in european notations on the certificate )
This makes the winner:             Old Dan ................ Oct   22

August
Thank you August, it's appreciated. I have decided on how I will dispose of the medal and will PM you to let you in on the plan.  I would also like to explain my thinking on how my choice of dates came to be.  As both you and I know, almost all 'hounds' will come into heat twice a year.  Springtime and again in the fall, usually in Aug/Sept. So I decided on the end of Aug as being the time of conception.  They carry their young for eight weeks and that makes delivery (welping) somewhere around the 22 of Oct.  This allows enought time to prepare the pups for delivery to their new homes sometime before Christmas and it gives you the chance of finding good homes for the entire bunch. Anyway, that was my thinking and it seemed to work out this time.

I am very happy with your pm and choice  ;)
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Templar

NICE CONTEST MY FRIEND AND THANK YOU FOR SHARING PICS OF YOUR 4 LEGGED FRIENDS--AS OUR CHILDREN WERE GROWING UP WE HAD A PURE BRED LABRADOR NAMED "LADY" AND SHE WAS THE MOST TOLERANT DOG I'VE EVER KNOWN WITH THE KIDS AND SHE LIVED 14 YEARS WHICH IS LONG FOR BIG DOGS ACCORDING TO OUR VET..........A FEW YEARS AGO WE DECIDED TO GET ANOTHER DOG FOR US AS THE CHILDRWN HAD LONG GONE.......WE GOT A BLACK DOG---PURE LABRADOR ON HER MOTHER'S SIDE AND A GERMAN SHEPARD/CHOW MIX----AFTER 4 AND 1/2 YEARS WE HAVE 93POUND  LAP DOG..........WHO IS SO VERY LOVING AND GENTILE WITH OUR GRANDKIDS........SHE IS SMART--ALERT--PROTECTIVE AND I HAVE SPOILED HER ROTTEN....THANKS FOR LISTENING
         PETS KEEP YOU BLOOD PRESSURE DOWN BETTER THEN ANY PILLS.........THE TEMPLAR
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

Paint Your Wagon

Quote from: templar on February 21, 2010, 11:20:24 AM
NICE CONTEST MY FRIEND AND THANK YOU FOR SHARING PICS OF YOUR 4 LEGGED FRIENDS--AS OUR CHILDREN WERE GROWING UP WE HAD A PURE BRED LABRADOR NAMED "LADY" AND SHE WAS THE MOST TOLERANT DOG I'VE EVER KNOWN WITH THE KIDS AND SHE LIVED 14 YEARS WHICH IS LONG FOR BIG DOGS ACCORDING TO OUR VET..........A FEW YEARS AGO WE DECIDED TO GET ANOTHER DOG FOR US AS THE CHILDRWN HAD LONG GONE.......WE GOT A BLACK DOG---PURE LABRADOR ON HER MOTHER'S SIDE AND A GERMAN SHEPARD/CHOW MIX----AFTER 4 AND 1/2 YEARS WE HAVE 93POUND  LAP DOG..........WHO IS SO VERY LOVING AND GENTILE WITH OUR GRANDKIDS........SHE IS SMART--ALERT--PROTECTIVE AND I HAVE SPOILED HER ROTTEN....THANKS FOR LISTENING
         PETS KEEP YOU BLOOD PRESSURE DOWN BETTER THEN ANY PILLS.........THE TEMPLAR


Yes it is a wonder
However big they are they think they can sit on your lap for an hour
That is what they call crushing you with love
Beatifull dog templar
Over here most have inborn hipproblems or other and only live 7-8 years
Yes the bigger the dog the shorter the lifespan
People here mostly buy lapdogs those 5 pound heavy fluffy things .
I want to feel "dog" when I lift one
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Tobyle

Congratulations to the winners - and thanks again for the contest Paint Your Wagon!

Nevol

Congratulations to OldDan and Tiddy, thanks to PYW for the contest!
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Pocketcoins

Thanks for the contest PYW and good job OldDan  ;D Love the photos of the dogs  ;D

Triggersmob

Thanks for the contest, PYW and congrats to the winners.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

tiddyathome

Thank you so much . I have  been away for sometime.

Paint Your Wagon

Quote from: tiddyathome on April 14, 2010, 05:07:25 AM
Thank you so much . I have  been away for sometime.

I am glad you are back  :)
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way