Partial Dime

Started by nohope587, September 23, 2010, 05:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

NoHope587

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Goose

That is a nice coin compared to the ones I find.....cut by lawnmowers.

NoHope587

It was bent and badly scratched when I dug it up...  Did not think I could do it any more harm by cutting it...
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Templar

THERE IS A GREAT EXAMPLE OF A STEADY HAND AND LOTS OF PATIENCE

THANKS FOR SHOWING THAT ONE TO US

    YOUR FRIEND AND SERVANT.............THE TEMPLAR
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

EgCollector

very interesting  :o never seen something like this before.

How is this done  ???
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

NoHope587

As Templar pointed out a lot of Patience and a fine bladed saw. Takes between 4 and 6 hours of cutting. I assume it would be quicker if I put the coin in a vice but I find it easier to hold the coin while cutting it.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Nevol

Two different versions of a coin you should recognize.

Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Nevol

Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

NoHope587

Wow some one spent a lot of time on those.
I don't cut coins generally unless that have serious issues that would impact their numismatic value.
Those look as if they were pretty close to uncirculated when they were cut.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Templar

I HAVE SEEN THIS DONE ON A U.S. BUFFALOE NICKEL---I AM LOOKING FOR IT AS I POST----WHEN I LOCATE IT I WILL SHOW YOU......THANKS FOR SHARING YOURS NEVOL
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

Nevol

Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

EgCollector

Quote from: Nevol on September 25, 2010, 05:08:01 PM
Two different versions of a coin you should recognize.



Nancy, this is a piece of art  :o

i love that version very much, very nice work  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107