Muckeye,s Competition No. 6.

Started by muckeye, August 11, 2014, 06:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Muckeye

All members please be advised that another Competition starts tomorrow.
Competition No. 6.

To win one must guess the coin that I have in front of me. Clues will
issued daily until the competition is won. Clues will be issued at approximately 7.00 AM
daily, Eastern Australian Daylight time. The prize is the coin in question!
One guess per member per day.

Good luck to all who try.

regards Muckeye.
Muckeye ~ Knight #30

Muckeye

Here is the first clue.

The coin celebrates an anniversary and is a dodecagon in shape.

Good luck, next clue tomorrow.
Muckeye ~ Knight #30

Nevol

My first guess:  Australian 50c piece 2004 Student Design, Proof
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

SirStacksALot

1977 Silver Jubilee Australian fifty cents, commemorating the twenty-fifth anniversary of the accession of Queen Elizabeth II?

Triggersmob

That's strange, I put a guess here this morning and now it's disappeared. Maybe I forgot to press the POST button. Anyway, I was guessing 2009 Moon Landing Aussie 50c .
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Kena

I have no idea....I got stumped at the dodecagon part.  Had to look up what that meant.

Pocketcoins

I'm glade I'm not the only one who had to look up dodecagon.  ;D

Muckeye

Thanks to all who have tried so far , unfortunately none were correct.

Clue No. TWO.
The coins reverse was designed by W.PIETRANIK

GOOD LUCK ALL.
Muckeye ~ Knight #30

Triggersmob

How about something a bit newer, like the 2014 Battle of Cocos Aussie 50 cent.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Muckeye

Muckeye ~ Knight #30

Nevol

Guess #2:  2005 50c - Commemorating the 60th Anniversary of the end of World War 2.
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

SirStacksALot

2002 50 cent coin (50th Anniversary of the Accession of Queen Elizabeth II)

Paint Your Wagon

http://www.australian-threepence.com/images/australia-2003-50c-coronation.jpg


Australian 50 Cent Coins : 2003 50th Anniversary of the Coronation of Elizabeth II 50c
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Muckeye

Clue No. THREE.
The coin has colour on the revers

Good luck.
Muckeye ~ Knight #30

Muckeye

Repeating the above.
The coin has colour on the reverse.

Good luck.
Muckeye ~ Knight #30

Nevol

Guess #3:  2011 50 Cent - Commemorating 50 Years of Triple Zero Emergency Call Service
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

SirStacksALot

2014 Austrailian 50 cent color 50th anniversary of AIATSIS

Muckeye

Congratulations Nancy.  You are the winner of
competition No. 6. The coin is the OOO  anniversary 50 cent piece .
I will post the coin out on Monday. Thanks to all the
others who tried.

Maybe another Comp. in the near future.

regards, Muckeye.........
Muckeye ~ Knight #30

Muckeye

Dear Nancy
Please advise me of your postal address.
  regards  Muckeye.
Muckeye ~ Knight #30

SirStacksALot

Thanks for the competition Muckeye. I was waiting for the new clue every day, and had a lot of fun searching out the info.  Congrats Nancy, you are one tough competitor.

Nevol

Thanks for the competition Muckeye. I actually don't have this coin in my collection, so it will be a most welcome addition.  ;D
Address details sent.

QuoteCongrats Nancy, you are one tough competitor.
Thanks SSAL!  ;)
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Triggersmob

Congratulations Nancy and a big thanks to Bob for the competition. :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Humpybong


Congratulations on your win Nancy.

Thanks to Bob for another great competition.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Erik

Congratulations Nancy and welcome back Mr.Muckeye :) :) :) :) :) :)
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

Nevol

Coin has arrived safe 'n' sound.  Many thanks Bob!  ;D
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.