Elongated "cent"

Started by ElleKitty, March 06, 2014, 04:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ElleKitty

Last October, I had the opportunity to travel to Tokyo Japan, for work.  While most of the days were spent working, we did have a weekend to sightsee and have some fun.  On the Sunday, I split off from my coworkers and disappeared up to the Fifth Station of Mount Fuji.  While I was up there, they had a machine that for 100 yen, would strike on a copper planchet an elongated token for you.

I am very proud of this one, since I went and got it all by myself.  :D
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Goose

That is very nice. And I believe it holds special value to you because you went to the main source.

Triggersmob

I went to Sydney to long ago and they had one of those coin elongaters near the opera house. It was even loaded with U.S. cents. Cost was $2 each.   
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260