Any experts on Chinese coins????

Started by Eringobraugh, October 22, 2014, 11:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Eringobraugh

Can anyone help me with this coin...Real or fake and grade
"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte

Triggersmob

Eringobraugh, I have grabbed your pics and posted them in Facebook. One of our fellow Knights, who doesn't visit here anymore, is from China and I have asked him, if he can let me know if they are real or not. 
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Sap

Brass/bronze 10 and 20 cash coins generally aren't faked, unless they're a rare or sought-after type. This, unfortunately, is one of those types, listed in Krause as KM/Y# A176.1 and worth thousands in "this condition". That, plus the toning pattern that looks suspiciously like the "spray-on toning" I have seen on some fake silver coins, make me assume that this coin is fake, too.
KoCT #21

The early bird gets the worm, sure, but the second mouse gets the cheese.