Best 5 Comedies

Started by Paint Your Wagon, July 19, 2010, 04:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Paint Your Wagon

I will start with two since I saw them again last week

A fish called Wanda
Pussycat

They are both Hilarious
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Templar

GOOD CHOICES---TRY TO SEE SOME OF THE FOLLOWING
   1...DREAM TEAM--MICHAEL KEATING
   2...BURBS--TOM HANKS
   3...CHANGING PLACES--DAN AKROYD-JAMIE CURTIS
   4...GREAT OUTDOORS--JOHN CANDY

        ALL DIFFERENT SETTINGS BUT VERY GOOD CHARACTER ACTORS AS SUPPORT PLAYERS

          YOUR FRIEND---------THE TEMPLAR
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

Paint Your Wagon

Quote from: templar on July 19, 2010, 08:00:36 AM
GOOD CHOICES---TRY TO SEE SOME OF THE FOLLOWING
   1...DREAM TEAM--MICHAEL KEATING
   2...BURBS--TOM HANKS
   3...CHANGING PLACES--DAN AKROYD-JAMIE CURTIS
   4...GREAT OUTDOORS--JOHN CANDY

        ALL DIFFERENT SETTINGS BUT VERY GOOD CHARACTER ACTORS AS SUPPORT PLAYERS

          YOUR FRIEND---------THE TEMPLAR


I saw Changing Places again a few weeks ago . It is a great comedy .
The other three do not ring a bell . But then again Comedy films is not my forte
I am a comedian myself and I do not like the competition in general  ;D
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Yass


green18

Burbs is a classic......

Paint Your Wagon

Quote from: green18 on July 19, 2010, 10:03:57 PM
Burbs is a classic......

I am blessed with the ability to forget anything I do not want to remember since I can find it back but still remember conversations of 40 years back.
I may have seen Burbs but my recollections are "special" like the original first theater showing of Cleopatra where she is rolled out of a carpet ( Liz Taylor of course )

For the moment I am fully occupied getting everything by Milla Jovovich ( the one of the film the 5th element were she wakes up in Egyptian mummy wraps  ;D
Next project is Jamie Lee Curtis  :)
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

nuggethill

Blazing Saddles is one that comes to mind
50 First Dates is another one also some others that come to mind
Dumb and Dumber
Happy Gilmore
Growing Up (showing at the movies now)
these five a memorable

Paint Your Wagon

I saw a parody again
Casino Royale
With David Niven as pseudo James Bond
It is really hilarious ( also got Ursula Andress and Orson Wells etc )

In the end the French Filmstar Jean Paul Belmondo comes in as a cop and a bunch of US cowboys ride on horseback into the casino ; followed by a bunch of indians that parachute from a plain into the casino whilst Woody Allen is burping up the last burps of his atomic bomb he ingested

Like Pussycat it is really hilarious beyond "comedy"
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Templar

I NEVER INCLUDED ANY FILMS BY LAUREL & HARDY BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE THEY HAD ANY EQUALS AND MANY OF THEIR FILMS WERE SHORTS......

         YOUR SERVANT...........OLIVER TEMPLAR
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

Paint Your Wagon

Quote from: templar on August 23, 2010, 07:21:17 AM
I NEVER INCLUDED ANY FILMS BY LAUREL & HARDY BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE THEY HAD ANY EQUALS AND MANY OF THEIR FILMS WERE SHORTS......

         YOUR SERVANT...........OLIVER TEMPLAR


Same goes for Charly Chaplin
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

green18

Charley Chaplin is an icon in film expression.....

longnine009

Walk Hard-The Dewey Cox story. Dewey Cox is a composite rocker from the 60's. I already watched it three times. 8)

Templar

STAN LAUREL AND OLIVER HARDY WERE SUPERB COMEDY TEAM AND ALMOST ANY 5 OF THEIR MOVIES WOULD TOP ANYONE ELSE----AS FOR CHARLIE CHAPLIN---STAN LAUREL WAS HIS UNDERSTUDY AND HE WAS SO GOOD THAT MANY TIMES HE FILLED IN FOR CHAPLIN AND NO ONE KNEW ANY DIFFERENCE----IF YOU READ ABOUT THEIR WORK--YOU WILL SEE HOW SKILLED AND HOW WELL TIMED EACH MOTION WAS AND IF YOU NOTICE---MOST OF THE VIOLENCE HAPPENED OUT OF VIEW----YOU HEARD ALL THIS NOISE---THEN THE END OF THE SITUATION---LEAVING YOU TO IMAGINE WHAT WAS HAPPENING ----SOMETHING SADLY NEGLECTED IN MANY FILMS TODAY---NO IMAGINATION.............
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

Triggersmob

Love them!
Probably my favouite comedy team.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

HOOT Owl

Anger Management....what a hoot !!