1966 Aussie Boomerang Coin Holder

Started by SirStacksALot, November 20, 2015, 04:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SirStacksALot

Has anyone seen one of these before? I picked it up at a coin show last weekend with the coins included for $15.  The coins are all different dates, but I think it would be a good deal for just the coins.  I couldn't resist them in the boomerang holder.  Any thoughts on the origin of the holder?

Triggersmob

As it is dated 1966, the year we changed to decimal coins, I'm guessing it's meant to be a memento of the pre-decimal coins.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Humpybong


It was sold as a souvenir to tourists....pre-decimal coins plus an aboriginal boomerang.

Was very popular and was purchased by many aussies, at the time, as well.

Still a very good find in that condition.    I think there was a recall on these so you had better send it to me so I can hand it in.

:D
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"