Needed: Aussie coins/paper

Started by AdamL, November 10, 2007, 06:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AdamL

I only have two Australian coins, and I want more. Nothing special, just some interesting peices from Australia. I particularly like the ones with animals, like kangaroos, on them. I'd like some paper money from Australia as well.
I only have a few things I'm willing to part with in trade at the moment. Here is what I have: Several common U.S. silver certificates, a couple 40% Kennedies, a roll of unc 1964 Canadian dimes (silver), and some other common world coins from places like Mexico, France, Germany, etc.
Thanks!
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Madspec

email me your address and I will send you some that I have duplicates of and a couple of the Australian Big Penny's

madspec
SIR MADSPEC  KNIGHT #57
TO SERVE WITH Honor,Respect,and Loyalty

Humpybong



Likewise...if you email me your address I will send you some aussie coins as well.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

AdamL

Don't want anything in return? Thats awefull nice and chivalrous of you folks ;D
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

ElleKitty

That's why we're the Knights of the Coin Table, and it's a lovely trait in all of our Australian members.  Extremely generous folk.

  I can't wait to hear which coins these lovely Australians have sent to you
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

TwoShadows

I hope AdamL knows the Mob of Roos are ALL earmarked for shipment to Indiana? I am trying to corner the market!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

AdamL

Hehe. Thanks guys. I'll post pics of the coins when I get them ;D
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

CoinCrusader42

To repeat what ElleKitty said, the Aussies are extremely generous.

I currently have probably 300 Australian coins lying on my desktop.  Ninety percent of them were shipped to me from KOTCT members in Australia.  Some were sold to me at cost, some traded, and others just offered as gifts.

That's not to say that all of our members aren't good, generous people, because they are.  However, the Aussies seem to go far out of their way to be generous and helpful.

:) :) :) :)

GregK

G'day AdamL, 

Count me in as well.  Some of our coins are plentiful, some are hard to get, due to low mintage.   

Regards


CoinCrusader42

Old Dan, are you ever correct.

A couple summers ago a friend and I took a ride over Engineer Pass to Lake City.

We found a little restaurant with outdoor seating.  One person was sitting there having lunch.

My friend says to me, "You know the Texans own most of the state."  Then he says, "Watch this."  He walked up to the gentleman consuming his num nums, and asked him, "Say, where ya from?"  The diner answered "San Antonio."

We like to cuss out the Texans, but welcome their money at hunting season.

;D ;D ;D ;D

ElleKitty

Yup!  Summer in Colorado, Winter in Texas. Best of both worlds, and the temperature never changes. :D

(Disclaimer:  I do not own any land in Colorado.)
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

CoinCrusader42

I do own land in Colorado.

I often times walk out in our backyard, hook my thumbs in my belt loops and survey my domain.  All half acre of it!!

Well it's ample for the house to sit on!!

:) :) :) :)