Bring out you Bi-metallic coins. (One of Humpybong's Favourites)

Started by Triggersmob, August 09, 2014, 01:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Triggersmob

Please show me some of your bi-metallic coins of the world.
Here's a few to start off with...
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

S.George

 :D
Hi
I like Sudan coin very much  Nice collection
S.George
It is by giving others, we actually receive from G

Triggersmob

Thank you George.
Seems like no one else has any to add though.  :(
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Triggersmob

Here's a couple from India, thanks to George.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Redlock

I have been working on filling a few holes in my collection recently. I am working on catching up because I had let it slide after 2022.

Here are coins from Brasil and Poland which are part of series that I collect.
Germany

Triggersmob

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Paint Your Wagon

10FF Génie de la Bastille

 this french genie got balls
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Triggersmob

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Tanecoins

I got this Mexican beauty a few days ago. Its the bimetallic 10 Pesos, but its from 1995, so what we have is a silver centre, yes 5 grams of sterling goodness.

Apparently hard to find this nice as they were hoarded or used to death like most Mexican coins.
Numismatist and purveyor of fine coins

Tanecoins

How about a circulating Trimetallic coin.

Mauritania issued their 20 Ougiya in 3 metals, a copper centre, brass ring and nickel middle part, or they maybe steel - not sure but a marvel in itself.

Interesting it only have a face value of about 80 cents kiwi. The only other one I can think of that circulated was the French 20 Francs in the 1990s.

I have LOTS of bimetallics and nearly all 2000s or later.
Numismatist and purveyor of fine coins

Triggersmob

Welcome to KOTCT Tane. Great to see you over here.
Some very nice coins too.

I have a few of the French tri-metallic coins.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Redlock

Quote from: Tanecoins on September 30, 2026, 10:15:58 PMI got this Mexican beauty a few days ago. Its the bimetallic 10 Pesos, but its from 1995, so what we have is a silver centre, yes 5 grams of sterling goodness.

Apparently hard to find this nice as they were hoarded or used to death like most Mexican coins.

When I was actively hunting the Nuevo Peso coins (1993-1995) almost 20 years ago I was not able to get any of the 10 Pesos coins. Don't know why. I haven't looked recently. Hence, I don't know how the situation is now.
What I did manage back then was getting the 1993 and the 1994-dated 20 Pesos coins. Again, no luck with the 1995-dated which I actively hunted till the late 2010s.
I did manage to get a set of the 50 Pesos around 2010. IIRC, I bought them on ebay from a seller in Sothern California.
Germany