Best Car Ever.

Started by Triggersmob, October 26, 2017, 06:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Triggersmob

The Royal Australian Mint has released a series depicting Ford cars.
One of the coins show the XY GTHO Phase III Falcon.
This is quite a legend downunder, the ultimate muscle car.
Allegedly the fastest 4 door sedan in the world when it was released in 1971.
I was never lucky enough to own this beast, but I did own an
XY Fairmont with the smaller 302 V8 motor. I had that car for
19 years. I should have kept it, as they sell for large sums of
money these days. I couldn't let this coin slip by, even though I
don't collect NCLT.

GTHO = Grand Touring with Handling Options.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

AnotherKnight

Pffff, best car ever, yes they're a beastie alright but I prefer a GTS monaro  8)
NSW Australia

AnotherKnight

Oh and it's the HQ that I like  ;) To see the price of them now and to think the olds use to own a yellow and black 4 door HQ
NSW Australia

Triggersmob

Quote from: AnotherKnight on October 28, 2017, 02:48:05 AM
Oh and it's the HQ that I like  ;) To see the price of them now and to think the olds use to own a yellow and black 4 door HQ

HQ was a nice car (for a Holden), very popular and was released longer than the other series.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

HOOT Owl

That 302 V8 had some torque too... 8)

Triggersmob

Quote from: HʘʘT Owl on October 29, 2017, 06:44:04 AM
That 302 V8 had some torque too... 8)

Yes, it was a good little work horse.
Never let me down. 
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

GregK

Best car ever, yeah, they were pretty good :)

AnotherKnight

Please don't encourage him Greg as he really doesn't need it LOL  ???
NSW Australia

Triggersmob

Just reviving this thread to see what cars other members have as a favourite, or share a picture of what you drive.

This is my daily drive now. A 2010 Mitsubishi COLT VR-X, with CVT. It's very economical.
It doesn't look quite this good now though. 215,000km on the clock, but has been very reliable.
I smashed my 2004 model in 2014, and write it off, so I bought the 2010 model when it was 4 years old, with only 20,000km on the clock.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260