1958 Canada Totem Pole Silver Dollar

Started by Zoins, June 05, 2019, 04:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Zoins

I'm a big fan of of the Native American Gyáa'aang, sometimes referred to as a totem pole.

Anyone else a fan of this type?

Post any dollars if you have them!

Here's mine:


Triggersmob

Nice coin.
The only one of these I have, is the same as the one you posted.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

MattTheRiley

I love this design!  Zoins, if you ever sell that coin, please let me know!  Beautiful! Here is my personal favorite Death Dollar in my collection.

Hiding in Oregon, USA

Oih82w8

oih82w8 = "oh I hate to wait"

AuldFartte

That is an awesome coin, Zoins! I love that toning!
Tom (United States)
Knight #45

Triggersmob

2009 Canadian $5 coin depicting the Thunderbird, which can be found on the top of totem poles.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Tanecoins

Another rumour, people said it was a death dollar as it showed a raven or a cadaverous face, in fact it showed a bear protecting its cub, its hard to show a 3d snout on a 2d log of wood. Also apparently bears or ravens are not signs of death, but some Aboriginal Canadians were offended.

https://en.numista.com/454

Some other sites on the net about it, but one kicked me out saying I was a bot!

Numismatist and purveyor of fine coins

Triggersmob

Thanks for that info Tane. I think in the past I had heard something along those lines.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260