Less activity here than on ACF

Started by gweidion, September 21, 2026, 11:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

gweidion

Is it normally this quiet here? I was expecting some members to be showing off their Morgans, etc.
We don't get a lot of posts on ACF but it seems like it is more than here.

Triggersmob

Unfortunately it has become very quiet here in the last few years. It use to be very busy, but members moved on or passed away, sadly. This was part of the reason I invited you guys over here, to try and boost the posts again. I believe Ralf has some new coins he might be posting here soon.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Tanecoins

Well I am here, part of the reason it may be dead is some improvements are needed.

The coin chat section is buried behind layers of announcements, welcome threads and some stuff that hasn't been added to since 2010 or 2017.

Move all the coin discussion, identification and show off threads front and top of the page.

World Coin chat, 90% of the World including New Zealand and the UK are relegated to the "Other world coins part". This is very reductive naming and locating and those who understand true castles will see this as like the "oubliette" of the castle.

I am a New Zealander and get a bit tired of seeing my own country and its coins completely reduced to other and like a minor "ward", "department", "atheling" etc. The world exists outside Australia and the USA.

Otherwise I like the layout, I can not understand why it shows modern Thai circulation pieces.

Otherwise its a decent looking board, like I said clean up the zombied stuff, like list of members that was last updated in like 2019. In fact "zombify" or grandfather any thread that has not been added to since 2024, some of the stuff showing is so old, I was still skinny and had Black hair when it came out!

Otherwise lets keep luring new members. This and ACF are a kazillion  times better than the moderation and globalist nightmares of Numista and CCF. Plus no ads and no people showing fake Chinese coins or junk.
Numismatist and purveyor of fine coins

Triggersmob

I'm glad you have come over Tane, I expect to see a lot of posts now.
Moderation on this site is just about non existent. As a castle we work on chivalry, and respect for each other. I'm not sure I have ever seen any disrespect or need for moderation on this forum.

True about NZ, it get's left off the map most of the time.

Terry or Sir Krash, can we create a New Zealand section please.
Maybe Tane can then entice some of his fellow countrymen over.  :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260