Old Magazine Article

Started by Triggersmob, March 21, 2008, 03:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Triggersmob

I found this, coin related article, in an old magazine, yesterday.
Thought I'd post it here. Some may find it interesting.



At least I know now, why they call the sixpence a "tanner".
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Muckeye

Fascinating Steve,
From which magazine are we endebted.
Should be more articles in this style re-published.
regards,
Muckeye ~ Knight #30

Triggersmob

Bob, it's down the bottom of the page,  it's called "Best of British".

It contains lost of stories of the old days and old adverts etc.
Reminds me of when I was a kid back in England.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Hermit

Yes, coins could actually buy stuff once. Now they are only good for change it seems. Cupro-Nickel  buys very little and Bronze is only good for making 3rd place medals. :P Real coins are made from silver or gold.

Muckeye

Quote from: triggersmob on March 21, 2008, 09:50:14 AM
Bob, it's down the bottom of the page,  it's called "Best of British".

It contains lost of stories of the old days and old adverts etc.
Reminds me of when I was a kid back in England.
Steve, I've got a few 'pommy' friends who would prefer not to be reminded.
regards :D :D
Muckeye ~ Knight #30