Expanding my US collection

Started by tiddyathome, May 19, 2008, 07:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tiddyathome

Today in the mail I recieved  some welcome additions to my US collection.

5x Indian pennies - earliest dated 1890
1 x Buffalo 5 cent coin 1936
1 x peace dollar 1922
1 x barber 1/2 dollar 1895
1 x Barber 1/4 1892
1 x 1927 1/4 .Not sure what it is called
And 5 x statehood quarters to go with my other ones.
;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8)

CoinCrusader42

Great!

Those are some good coins.

Sometime this summer, we'll get to my biggest stash of U.S. coins during our clean-up time.  I will be happy to send you a few duplicates.

It will be a while down the road, but I'll write myself a note so I don't forget.

:D :D :D :D

edix

Quote from: tiddyathome on May 19, 2008, 07:32:10 AM

1 x 1927 1/4 .
Not sure what it is called


Standing Liberty quarter?

AdamL

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

CoinCrusader42

Ah, 1927.

Babe hit 60 homers, and Lucky Lindy flew across the Atlantic.

:) :) :) :)

tiddyathome

Quote from: CoinCrusader42 on May 19, 2008, 01:13:38 PM
Great!

Those are some good coins.

Sometime this summer, we'll get to my biggest stash of U.S. coins during our clean-up time.  I will be happy to send you a few duplicates.

It will be a while down the road, but I'll write myself a note so I don't forget.

:D :D :D :D
That would be great. Please let me know if you need any aussie coins.

tiddyathome

Quote from: edix on May 19, 2008, 02:55:59 PM
Quote from: tiddyathome on May 19, 2008, 07:32:10 AM

1 x 1927 1/4 .
Not sure what it is called


Standing Liberty quarter?
Thanks for that I will write it down.

CoinCrusader42

tiddyathome,

I found a couple duplicates today.

E-Mail or PM me your mailing address and I'll get them on the way to you.

:D :D :D :D

tiddyathome

 ;DThank you so much. PM sent ;D

CoinCrusader42

Mailing will have to be Tuesday, because the post office is closed for Memorial Day.

:D :D :D :D

tiddyathome

Thank you  ;D, thank you  ;D, thank you ;D

CoinCrusader42

Good news and bad news.

Bad news is that I am exactly one week late in mailing you the promised coins.

Good news is that they are on the way.

You should receive them in about 10 days.

Sorry I was late.

:D :D :D :D

ElleKitty

Better late than never!

Believe me. I'm -always- late. ><  I hate that, but the post office is always open for such stupid hours!
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

tiddyathome

Quote from: CoinCrusader42 on June 03, 2008, 06:13:56 PM
Good news and bad news.

Bad news is that I am exactly one week late in mailing you the promised coins.

Good news is that they are on the way.

You should receive them in about 10 days.

Sorry I was late.

:D :D :D :D
No worries . I am very luck to have been offered the coins.
I cant wait to see them :) ;D

CoinCrusader42

One other thing.

About two hours after mailing your coins I looked at my desk and saw several coins, including a couple war nickels, that I forgot to include.

So, I'll send a second smaller package soon.

:D :D :D :D

tiddyathome

Quote from: OldDan on June 08, 2008, 08:55:37 PM
Gary, I'm sure you can tell me the easiest, fastest, and least expensive method of sending a package to the land of Oz.  What about that custom questionair? Do you still have to fill out a form stationg this is coins and if so how do you protect the contents. Insurance is a guess!
I have received a number of parcels from the US, none have had insurance and all have made there way here safely. I have also sent a number from Australia to the US and no problems there either. If they are just a small amount of coins I place them between two pieces of cardboard and send it as a letter. Cheapest way from here.

tiddyathome

Quote from: CoinCrusader42 on June 08, 2008, 07:00:35 PM
One other thing.

About two hours after mailing your coins I looked at my desk and saw several coins, including a couple war nickels, that I forgot to include.

So, I'll send a second smaller package soon.

:D :D :D :D
As my grandmother use to say ' your bloods worth bottling' 8)

CoinCrusader42

Old Dan,

The last several packages I have sent to Australia didn't need customs forms.

I send the packages first class mail, and it isn't very expensive.  I think the coins I just mailed to tiddyathome only cost something like $3 to mail.  I have probably mailed a couple dozen packages to Australia, none insured, and I think all got there.

There was somewhat of a mystery recently where I sent several packages (or thought I did) to Australia.  Humpybong and GregK never received theirs.  However, now that I look at the piles of coins on my desk, I wonder if I really mailed them.  That's another story, but let's just say there's a good chance that none of my packages ever disappeared.

So, to sum up.  No customs form needed.  First class mail.  No insurance, and your odds the package will arrive safely is about 99 percent!

:) :) :) :)

Humpybong


When I send packages out of Australia, I also just describe the contents as Hobby Supplies.

I have no trouble at all using that description
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

CoinCrusader42

Yep, They are indeed "Hobby Supplies!"

:) :) :) :)

AdamL

Quote from: CoinCrusader42 on June 13, 2008, 05:37:44 PM
Yep, They are indeed "Hobby Supplies!"

:) :) :) :)

Thats the way to go. I messed up one time though. It was only the first or second time that I had to fill out a customs form. I was in a hurry, and so were the 20 other people behind me in line. I forgot what to write, and put something about numismatics on it. I think a Canadien postal worker nabbed the coin  >:(
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

tiddyathome

Thank you sooo much CoinCrusader42   :-*  .
The parcel has arrived and been intruduced to the rest of my collection and are showing no signs of home sickness.

CoinCrusader42

Glad it arrived, and they are some coins you can use.

I'll try and get that second package in the mail to you soon.

:) :) :) :)