2008 KOTCT Wooden Dollar.......are we having one?

Started by Humpybong, May 28, 2008, 12:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Humpybong


Just a thought......we are working on the 2008 medallions, how about a 2008 Wooden dollar?

Are we going to have one this year or do we miss out on this great collector item?

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Nevol

I certainly hope we don't miss out on the 2008 Woodies.  I've got the 'older' siblings all set up ready for a new addition to their family.

We might need to cut Terry some slack though as he's just starting a new job, and there are still 7 months of the year left.  ;) ;)
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

TwoShadows

OF COURSE there will be a 2008 woodie!!!  I will have to get right to work on a design that will make momma proud! ;D I like the idea of changing the woodie each year to keep it fresh? Guess I will have to look into something that will go with our Year of the Knightess theme. Will keep you all posted and will try my best to keep her appealling! (that covers enormous possibilities) Hopefully I can dream up something we will want to hold on to?
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Topher

Where's Scottishmoney?  He'd be able to come up with a great portrait of a lovely lady to put on this year's woodie!  :D

Humpybong


I do not think SM would give up any of his ladies.

He is to attached to them, happy to share though.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

TwoShadows

The 2008 KOTCT Wooden Dollar is nearing the END of the design stage. I must remind everyone this one will be a tad bit different as it is a tribute to our Knightesses. I have tried to put together a tribute to the modern day Knightess on one side and go with a surprise look on the other. (Something to get the guys interested?) I should have a look at the design by the middle of next week and the current prices. I hope we can stay at the 2 for $5 level so we will get our monies back which I will spend on this project and make a few bucks for our coffers in the process. Will get back with everyone in the next few days. My inital order will probably be for 50 woodies. We will discuss releasing them right away or waiting for the silver medallions to be struck. Doesn't matter to me one way or another as shipping will be much less on these than the silver medallions so we can throw them in then or add a buck and a half and ship them now. I will check with the post office to confirm shipping costs should we decide to offer them individually now (pair of two).
More news soon!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Humpybong


GREAT, you can count me in for 4 (four) Wooden dollars.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

ElleKitty

Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

TwoShadows

I will start an "order" thread very soon. We will probably bulk mail them to a member in Australia again to cut shipping costs to the land of Oz. I think, if I remember correctly, Nevol handled them last year? One thing is for certain WE will continue our traditions which we have started and I thank all of you for the push that is needed to keep me going forward. Been a strange last couple of years and my mnd tends to wander a bit!  ;D
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Nevol

I'll be happy to look after the distribution of the 2008 Woodies to Aussie members again. It will help reduce postage costs for the forum & any postage costs incurred in Aust will be at my expense as a small donation to the forum's coffers.

I still have 2 x 2006 & 4 x 2007 Woodies spare if anyone is interested in them. The 2006 ones are numbered 135 & 207.
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Triggersmob

Nancy, can you put me down for one of those 2007 Woodies. Thanks
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

AdamL

Nancy, I would like to have one of each, but I don't have paypal or anything...
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

TwoShadows

Anyone can make payment, here in the U.S., with cash, check or PayPal. We can take U.S. cash from our international members or PayPal. For those of you who may be concerned about sending cash, well I have done it many times, both inbound and outbound. Please keep in mind, as coin traders, we are actually sending CASH both ways. Just don't mention coins, cash, currency or collectibles on a customs form if you have to use one. Use the term "hobby supplies" or "tokens".

I have the 2006 and a few 2007 Woodies here (in the states) if anyone needs them. CoinCrusader may have a few but I am not sure at this time without emailing him. Basically the wooden dollars will continue to be made each year as a way to put a few dollars into our treasury to keep this site up and running. I personally paid for the original 2006 wooden dollars but we, as a group, used our funds last year to produce the woodies. We will do the same this year so we are only helping ourselves to purchase them. I am fortunate that the firm that produces the woodies is within a few miles of my home so I can purchase in small amounts (low mintage so to speak) and just stop in and pick them up. No shipping or handling on these!

One thing is for certain, at this time, there are 2006 and 2007 woodies still available but the 2007 are very limited. The 2008 Woodies will start with a run of 50. That could very well be the total produced if demand does not exceed that number very quickly. I will probably go ahead and start the order thread so that we will have some idea up front on how many 2008 woodies to produce. We may be able to pull this off with only one order then?
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

ElleKitty

Perhaps our Administrators should consider doing a mailing to all of our members to alert them to the Wooden Dollar and our Medallions?  I believe you have that capability, where Kitty of Hospitality still has to do it the hard way.
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Nevol

Steve, One x 2007 Woodie will be mailed sometime this week.

Adam, I could send you one of each no problems, but it may be simpler for you to get yours from Twoshadows or Gary.

No payment to me is necessary, however if you wish to do so, you could make a small donation to the forum. Payment to Twoshadows (Terry) by any means available to you.

Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

AdamL

Thanks Nancy. I have Pmed Twoshadows. So I will probably get them from him to make things a little bit easier.
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103