Austria Hungary 1 Corona 1912

Started by ElleKitty, August 02, 2008, 05:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ElleKitty



Emperor Franz Josef I, Austria-Hungary 1 Corona coin of 1912.  Very dark, with a tapestripe across the obverse.  The green stuff on the back flakes off.
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

NumisMatty


Triggersmob

I prefer old looking coins, myself.
There is a charm and a sense of history about them, that even corrosion and tape stripes can't hide.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Erik

Nice coin. I also like old coins but I think they are more expensive as new.  :'(
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

EgCollector

Quote from: triggersmob on August 06, 2008, 06:18:57 PM
I prefer old looking coins, myself.
There is a charm and a sense of history about them, that even corrosion and tape stripes can't hide.


I agree Steve

Very nice coin ElleKitty, thanks for sharing :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

KurtS

I like seeing patina on older silver coins too...they have character.  :)

DL20K

This type coin has a "special meaning" to me. When I was small, they were - and still are - widely available. They are dated 1912-16. I quickly managed to get the 1912, 14, 15, and 16. But the 1913.. after all these years is STILL not here. With such mintage and price it seems impossible that it still is hiding from me. I've asked every dealer and usually they had all dates besides the 1913.  ;D