1943 Merino Shilling

Started by ElleKitty, August 02, 2008, 05:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ElleKitty



1943 silver shilling, King George VI. 
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Muckeye

Hi Tracey,  Are you buying or selling????
regards, ;D
Muckeye ~ Knight #30

Tobyle

Nice one ElleKitty - MUCH nicer than any of the shillings I've got ...... as a matter of fact, I think I've only got one so far!

ElleKitty

Well, Muckeye?  Let me take stock of what I've got...

I buy any Australian coins I can find on principle that if I keep them moving, they'll keep flowing? Especially Pre-decimal.  This means I've got a tidy little supply of duplicate pieces.  I probably could/should sell them, especially if I'm ever going to afford my 1925 penny that is the last piece I need to "complete" my Penny set. (presuming of course that the 1930 bugger will never be in it.)

Ms Toby, this picture is for you, then. :)  It's another shilling I picked up in the same place. Someone had sold a lot of early 60's sixpence, shilling, and Florin, and I snatched several of them up.  I wish I could have gone and picked up the rest, but I couldn't afford it at the time. :(

Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

KurtS

The 1943(m) is a good Shilling to keep--one of the lower wartime mintages--2.7M vs 16M for the 43-S (San Francisco) 
ElleKitty, you should do well on the 1925 1d if you find a dealer who prices to Krause. I got my 1915-H 1/2d priced that way.  ;D

Triggersmob

Nice coins, Kitty.
I really like those Merino shillings. I have 19 in my flock so far, hopefully I can complete the set soon.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Erik

Very nice Tracy. I saw your collection on omnicoin.com and your collection is really excelent !!! Specialy I like see old silver coin. Good lucky and many new nice coins into your collection.  :D :D :D
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

ElleKitty

Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

TwoShadows

Hey ElleKitty we have a new member application. Check it out please!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

ElleKitty

Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

latman

Very nice shillings ElleKitty. I love the way the rams head just seems to burst out of the coin, and how happy he seems to have done it. They really are my favourite coin. Do you have the '91 rams head 50c piece?

ElleKitty

Yes I do. :)  It was one of the last 50 cent pieces I acquired, but I do have it.  Thank you.
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)