1941-D Walker.

Started by AdamL, August 28, 2008, 04:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AdamL

Picked this one up at a show a couple weeks ago. Too bad my camera doesn't have the macro function. Scans will have to do...
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

AdamL

...
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Nighthawk

Nice coin AdamL. Even when they're worn out, they still look good! The WL is probably my favorite U.S. coin! :)
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

KurtS

Wow, very nice!  ;D What would give as a grade? The surfaces look very original.

Nighthawk

Sorry I didn't have a '41-D to show off. How about a 1943, MS-60?
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

Reverse 1943 WL , MS-60
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

ElleKitty

Ooooooooooh!  Are we showing our coins off?

Adam, that 1941 is beautiful.  Congratulations on owning a gorgeous example.

Nighthawk, I've got a sister to your coin!  1943 Philadelphia mint.

Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Nighthawk

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

O.K. So ya wanna show off some half dollars, eh? 1827 Curl Base 2, Capped Bust Half, VF  ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

ElleKitty

'73 Half Dollar, Australia. ;) ;D 

Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Nighthawk

1838 Capped Bust Half Dollar, VF, with die cracks on reverse at 11 o'clock and 6 o'clock! ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

Reverse 1838 Capped Bust Half Dollar w/ die cracks ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

ElleKitty


The lovely Rainbow 1898 half I discovered in my piggybank last month.
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Nighthawk

Very cool, Miss Kitty. Sent you an email about the trade. Thanks! ;)
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

ElleKitty

Got your email!  I'll work on seeing what I have to trade, although those are some pretty scarce countries you've picked!  I should be able to find a few though.

And now, Kitty says it's time for a nap!  I'm about to fall over. :D 
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

KurtS

I think we had some elegant coins in the early 20th century--something we should strive to repeat.

Nighthawk

Don't count on that happening anytime soon, my friend. LOL ??? ??? ???
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

AdamL

Quote from: KurtS on August 28, 2008, 06:31:55 PM
I think we had some elegant coins in the early 20th century--something we should strive to repeat.

How true.
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

AdamL

Here are pictures of a 1943 that I took with my brother's camera. I wasn't able to capture the luster, which is just like the luster on the first coin I posted. But these photos capture the detail beautifully.



-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Nighthawk

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971