Silver Lining On A Cloudy Day...

Started by scottishmoney, August 29, 2008, 01:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

scottishmoney

Today we had to go to the bank to get a document notarised, we got there just in time, just before the notary was going to leave for her lunch break.  After we got it notarised, I went down the line of cashiers asking if they had anything to get rid of...

1 1964-D Half
1 1967 Half

And get this...

135 Ike dollars, all in rolls from the 1970's many are BU and quite a few have toned a light honey colour.  First silver in awhile, and the most Ikes I have gotten in awhile.  When I can get them, I get them only in 2's or 3's although I did find 19 of them a few weeks ago.  Apparently customers are starting to bring more money in that they have been holding onto, because they need to.  It is a sure sign that the economy is biting, when people have to part with stuff to get by.

KurtS

Wow...congrats on your good luck!  :)
I hope you find some nice Ikes in there, like that '72 type 2 reverse.

DL20K

Congrats on the discovery!

P.S. care to trade some of those Ikes?  ;D  I can't get any decent ones here  :-[

scottishmoney

Quote from: DL20K on August 29, 2008, 01:57:34 PM
Congrats on the discovery!

P.S. care to trade some of those Ikes?  ;D  I can't get any decent ones here  :-[

I have no problem trading, where are you?  My part of the world now, or my part of the world in a few weeks?

DL20K

Hooray! Thanks for the reply! I do not know where you are now, so I cannot relate my location to yours. Me - in PL now and not moving  ;)

scottishmoney

My sig should be a clue to where I am going, but I am currently just west of west Poland, whoops, the city nearby is little Poland - literally!  So much so that people talk to us in Polish if we speak Ukrainian out in public.


longnine009

Congratulations.  I had a find today. Not as good as yours but a lot stranger. I got 1952P quarter in the change machine at the laundry mat. This is the same laundry that I got a 1951D quarter awhile back--back in the days of the CoinWorld board. It's amazing that I can get two silver quarters in date sequence from the same place but I can't seem to beat the lotto odds.  ::)

Oh yeah, 51 came up too in the lotto last night.