A Westward Journey Nickel Series question

Started by Aiguptios, September 05, 2008, 07:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

EgCollector

Hi all,

Is there any coin album i can purchase to store the Westward Journey Nickel Series in. If not, How do you store and display your coins ?
Just 2 x 2 !?

Thanks

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Topher

Not that I'd advocating this particular store, but scroll down to the bottom and you'll see some options, including some nice snap lock cases, that I think I might just purchase for myself.

http://www.brent-krueger.com/2004nickel.html

ElleKitty

I found an oversized folder to store them in, Specifically just for the Westward Series.  It's an informative spread, following the trail overland, and also has places for the regular Buffalo nickel, the Sacagewea dollar, the Lewis & Clark stamp trio they put out the same time as the coins.

I like my folder.  It's just that the size alone would make shipping a nightmare. :(
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

CoinCrusader42

I was lucky to have found an attractive set mounted in a plastic frame.

It sits in my office.

:D :D :D :D

Dumanyu

Eg,
     I got a nice Whitman Westward Series Nickel folder at a coin show recently, which I just completed. You may want to check out www.whitmanbooks.com

The folder has all the 2004, 2005 and 2006 nickels from both mints, and a section labeled "Other American Nickels" with 8 spots for coins. Plus some information on the series. The front cover also has "
"H.E. Harris & Co" on it, so you could do a search based on that as well.

Hope this help and please let me know,

EgCollector

Quote from: Topher on September 05, 2008, 08:25:51 AM
Not that I'd advocating this particular store, but scroll down to the bottom and you'll see some options, including some nice snap lock cases, that I think I might just purchase for myself.

http://www.brent-krueger.com/2004nickel.html


Thanks Topher, There is a nice collection at this store. I think i will purchase the H.E. Harris folder since the Whitman Holder doesnt have openings fo the 2006 coins.
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Quote from: Dumanyu on September 05, 2008, 05:11:33 PM

"H.E. Harris & Co" on it, so you could do a search based on that as well.

Hope this help and please let me know,

Thanks Dumanyu, although i like the colors of the Whitman holder more but i think i will go with the H.E. Harris folder
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

I know this may be a silly Question but, i am confused  :D

I have a state quarter album made of cardboard with holes for coins, but on the links above this is called a folder so just to clarify things "What is the difference between a coin album and a coin folder?"
;D ;D ;D ;D
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

ElleKitty

I think I am right in saying that the folder is the cardboard folded thingy, that only shows one side of the coin after you punch it into it's hole.
The album is the one with the clear plastic sliding panes, so that you can see both sides of your coin.  I tend to like the albums more than the folders, although they're more expensive.
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

EgCollector

Quote from: ElleKitty on September 06, 2008, 05:26:28 AM
I think I am right in saying that the folder is the cardboard folded thingy, that only shows one side of the coin after you punch it into it's hole.

This is what i know but i received that one with a title "50 State Quarter Collector Album"  and that what confused me. :D
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Topher

Kitty's description is generally correct, although I have seen "folders" labeled as "albums", just like yours.  It doesn't make it any less confusing, though.

EgCollector

My problem now is; when i buy from an online coin store the name folder/album is not indicative of what i will receive  :-\
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Dumanyu

eg,
   The holder I have is from E. H. Harris and I think distributed by Whitman. It has the whole series including 2006.
Just for clarification,

AdamL

Yes, ElleKitty's description is correct, but as you've noticed sometimes they are incorrectly labelled by some people.
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Topher

Quote from: EgCollector on September 06, 2008, 08:57:17 AM
My problem now is; when i buy from an online coin store the name folder/album is not indicative of what i will receive  :-\

I google it until I finally find pictures, then I know what I'm getting.  Some manufacturers have decent photos (such as Gardmaster and Unisafe here in Canada), but others are a bit more elusive and you are stuck trying to find a dealer who has been generous enough to post photos on their website.

CoinCrusader42

I haven't bought a coin "folder" for many years.

It's nice being able to see both sides of the coin, and I remember it used to be very difficult to force coins in to the folders.  Plus, they would sometimes fall out.

So, "albums" are the way to go.

:D :D :D :D

EgCollector

So, you all recommend albums rather than folder.

Thank you all for your help  :) :D
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Dumanyu

Quote from: EgCollector on September 07, 2008, 06:35:43 AM
So, you all recommend albums rather than folder.

Thank you all for your help  :) :D

Nothing wrong with folders for the lower end stuff.