Our Harvest/Holiday/End of Year Secret Buddy Exchange

Started by ElleKitty, September 27, 2008, 10:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ElleKitty

Okay, Knights of the Coin Table!

It's time to choose what time of the year we want to do our next Gift Exchange.

It's getting close to our traditional gift exchange for the Christmas season.  However, we also have opportunities for the Harvest/Thanksgiving season (northern hemisphere/US Holiday), the New Year (traditional) and coming in February, I think it would be awesome to do something for the Chinese New Year too.

I tried to set up a poll, but there doesn't seem to be a link available to do such.

Just give your favourite option, and we'll make a decision on the next Exchange.  :)

KT
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

CoinCrusader42

First choice -- Christmas.
Second choice -- Thanksgiving.

:) :) :) :)

scottishmoney

Just a suggestion, how about going for something like Superbowl time(late January) or something so that we do not have coins going into the abyss of Christmas time mail?


Triggersmob

First choice would be Christmas.
Second choice is Australia Day, 26th Jan.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

AdamL

Quote from: triggersmob on September 27, 2008, 06:50:30 PM
First choice would be Christmas.
Second choice is Australia Day, 26th Jan.

Maybe something in between and call it "The Christmas/Australia Day Gift Exchange"?
That might also be good for Scottishmoney's suggestion of not getting our packages mixed up with the Christmas rush.
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Muckeye

I'm all for Australia Day.  Only a month after the Xmas rush.
It's also Gizmo's birthday, I'm sure he would appreciate it.
And surely a National holiday for many of our members is more important than a minor sporting event ;D
regards.
Muckeye ~ Knight #30

TwoShadows

Any time between Nov. 20 thru December 31 is a real bad time to put coins and currency in the mail. While most may get to their destination it may take quite a while to do so and ALL postal authorities world wide KNOW what time of year it is and that all gifts have value! From experience I try very very hard NOT to mail anything in that period of time unless it is absolutely necessary.
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

tiddyathome


Nevol

I'll vote for whichever event happens first.  :)

'Tis too late now for a "Castle Birthday" gift exchange. 1 Yr old Friday 3rd   :D ;D :) 8) :P

I just love giving & receiving pressies.  ;)  :D  8)  ::)  :P  :-*
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

KurtS

I would be for an exchange happening around December.

scottishmoney

Quote from: KurtS on September 30, 2008, 04:15:43 PM
I would be for an exchange happening around December.

Yes but...

QuoteAny time between Nov. 20 thru December 31 is a real bad time to put coins and currency in the mail. While most may get to their destination it may take quite a while to do so and ALL postal authorities world wide KNOW what time of year it is and that all gifts have value! From experience I try very very hard NOT to mail anything in that period of time unless it is absolutely necessary

And I concur with that, better to wait to Australia day.

latman

Australia Day? Pitty who gets my gift, I will be very, very drunk if last year is anything to go by. Damn hot weather, BBQs and alcohol.

KurtS

I'm actually flexible. I'm just thinking I'll be at a coin show mid-Nov, and that will be my first chance to pick up something interesting.  :)
I've tapped out all the local dealers.

ElleKitty

Okay, so the general participation is going for something along the lines of late January.   That gives us about 3 months to get things together for that one.  :)  It's a little farther away than I would have liked, but I heartily agree that the US Postal Service is about to get crazy, and I imagine Australia's might too.

As a holdover, we could do a quickie exchange for just October to tide us over?  Would there be any participation for such a fast event, that we sign up for 3 days, have about 2 weeks to get things out, and hope they arrive by Nov. 1?  If so, sign up now in this separate thread --> http://membersforum.knightsofthecointable.com/index.php?topic=1825.msg19141#msg19141
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)