1884-O Morgan

Started by Aiguptios, October 04, 2008, 03:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

EgCollector

This is my first Morgan Dollar

I have seen this coin on the net many times, but this is nothing compared with the real thing.

It is one of some US coins i have added lately to my collection, and i would like to share with all of you and hear your comments, grading....
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

AdamL

Beautifull coin Amr. The only thing that keeps me from thinking that this coin is uncirculated is that it looks to me like the eagle's breast feathers are worn.
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

KurtS

Very nice Morgan dollar!  :)
It's hard for me to tell from the photo whether I see wear on the hair above the ear, or that's just a weakness in strike (which is common)
I'm going to be an optimist and attribute the marks to "bag wear" and guess MS62.

Nighthawk

Quote from: AdamL on October 04, 2008, 04:23:19 PM
Beautifull coin Amr. The only thing that keeps me from thinking that this coin is uncirculated is that it looks to me like the eagle's breast feathers are worn.
Could possibly be caused by a weak strike.  ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

EgCollector

Thanks guys. I am not an export in grading, and i started collecting US coins recently so i am leaving the grading all to you.
All that i know is that; this is one of the most beautiful US coins i have  :-*
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

This coin was graded MS-60 to MS-62, VAM-16 Morgan does anybody know its value?

Quote from: KurtS on October 04, 2008, 04:34:49 PM
Very nice Morgan dollar!  :)
It's hard for me to tell from the photo whether I see wear on the hair above the ear, or that's just a weakness in strike (which is common)
I'm going to be an optimist and attribute the marks to "bag wear" and guess MS62.

It seems that most of the grading experts of the other forum agree with you kurts  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107