George Washington Half Dollar

Started by Aiguptios, October 04, 2008, 03:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

EgCollector

Hi all, this is one of my latest addition to My US collection


This is a UNC Silver Half Dollar, celebrating the 250th Birth Aniversary (1732-1982) of George Washington.
KM#208
Size: 1.05" in diameter, reeded edge
Wieght: .4019 toy oz
Composition: .3167 fine troy oz Silver, .040 troy oz copper
Fineness: .900 silver, .100 copper
Designer: Elizabeth Jones
Mint: US mint, Denver, Colorado
Authority: Public Law 97-104 December 23, 1981

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

AdamL

Another nice coin. I think I've got a couple of those myself :)
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Nighthawk

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Triggersmob

Nice coin, Amr.
Thanks for sharing.
I haven't seen that coin before.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

EgCollector

Thanks to you all, and sorry for the hazy pic but this is the best i could do with the coin placed in its pack.  :)

The coin looks more beautiful than the pic
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

S.George

 :D

Hi Steve:
I think, this is the First Commemorative Half Dollar, after a long time.   
The Half Dollars issued by the Mint are affordable and  beautiful.
George
It is by giving others, we actually receive from G

CoinCrusader42

I have several -- both uncirculated and proof.

I gave one or two away for a "Secret Santa" prize.

:) :) :) :)