IHC help.

Started by latman, October 20, 2008, 11:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

latman

I need some help from our resident IHC expert. I have this 1862 that is different from all the other IHCs I have. It is much thicker. Sorry the thickness comparison pic isn't too good, but you can see what I mean. It is about half as thick again as a normal IHC. Is it a fake?





KurtS

I'll try to help--I know a few things about IHCs   :)
Your 1862 IHC was the earlier copper-nickel composition, which had a considerably thicker planchet over the bronze coins first issued in 1864. It's normal for that year, although I'm not sure why they were thicker; it may have something to due with the copper-nickel being a harder material to strike.  That's a nice example! I would grade your coin EF40-45.

latman


S.George

 :D:

Sir Latman is correct.  This one is of copper Nickel
George
It is by giving others, we actually receive from G