Best Statehood Quarters

Started by CoinCrusader42, October 03, 2007, 07:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

CoinCrusader42

Several of the Statehood Quarters have had great designs.

My favorites to this point are:

Nevada
Rhode Island
Colorado
Oregon
Nebraska

:) :) :) :)

TwoShadows

I am kind of partial to Nebraska for its historical aspects and really like North Dakota (eye appeal), Kansas (buffalo) and Massachuttes (history). Actually its quite sad that NONE of them are outstanding designs that stand out above the rest. Will wait other year for the final vote for the best in the series!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Humpybong



Well as a collector of the State Quarters I find them all great.

It is just that some are greater than others.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Madspec

I agree that they are all great but some are better than others.

madspec
SIR MADSPEC  KNIGHT #57
TO SERVE WITH Honor,Respect,and Loyalty

AuldFartte

My favorites are the Connecticut Charter Oak, and the Kansas buffalo.
Tom (United States)
Knight #45

CoinCrusader42

I should have added Connecticut to my original list.

It is a very nice design.

:) :) :) :)

GregK

The Colorado Statehood quarter is my favourite :)

TwoShadows

Now Greg have you given the Indiana Indy race car a real good look? The pioneers were racing through Indiana to get to all that gold out west and only the ones who did not have a pit crew in Indiana got stuck here! Tons of real pioneer history in that coin!
And I might add the U.S. Mnt program would not allow a basketball image, as Indiana is well known for its pioneer basketball played by the pioneers whose race cars broke down here, so they had the image removed from consideration as it was considered Sports? The U.S. Mint also would NOT allow a private business image to be used in the program so could some one please tell me HOW DID INDIANA end up with a race car (sports event) from a private owned business on their quarter?
Did the Governor, at the time, sell us out or just sell us short? The old saying "Money Talks" is more than evident here?
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

scottishmoney

Or how about Ohio and North Carolina each claiming they were first in flight with the Wright brothers aeroplane on each quarter?  The Michigan quarter had a small automobile that was obviously a Model T, a commercial affair produced by the then admirer of National Socialist Germany, Henry Ford.  They did manage to keep the Mormon off the quarter in Utah and watered it down to the meeting of the UP RR with the SP RR at Promontory.  But then the Beefalo made appearances on the NoDak and Kansah quarters, ala the Wright Bros aeroplane again.

TwoShadows

And we don't want to forget the buffalo played a major part in the expansion west not to mention it was used as a weapon of war which almost put them on the extinction list!  I will agree it has been more than interesting seeing just what it takes to make the grade in many states and who does indeed wield the sword of power (in the form of money and lobbying) in those states! Sure a lot went on behind the scenes in many a state office building!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

dustin43160

myself  like the wyoming and montana.

toast

Delaware has a real revolutionary feel to it

GregK

Terry as per car racing I do not know, but the US has a fantastic history, prior to car racing I would suspect. It mind boggling with Australia with a population of 21M to see the population of NYC at 19M.   

TwoShadows

Just to show how good of sports we are you can have New York City! Please come and get the whole kit and kabooddle as soon as possible. Your population will almost double, the government will increase the tax rolls and you will have enough taxi cabs to last a life time and we know you have the space for them right in the center of your country! Its all free, just come and get it!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

GregK

 :) Perhaps, we'd need to see how to get it here but.

Nevol

As an Aussie, I love all the US Statehood Quarters. Don't have any special fondness for a particular one, just love 'em all equally.  ;D ;D ;D
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

djluster

I am looking at the state quarter map right now.
1. Idaho
2. Colorado
3. Washingotn
4. Delaware only because it was the first
5. S.D.

I don't really like the ones that are very busy.

S.George

 :D
Hi:
I love all State Quarters.  I am unable to differentiate them.
ALL are best coins... I Live far away from U.S.A., and the State Qrs. are History Books of U.S.A.,
Again, I love them, all.
Sincerely
George
It is by giving others, we actually receive from G

CoinCrusader42

Gregk,

New York City is different to be sure.

I have only been there once.  Took our two sons to watch the Yankees play and see the sights.  That was in 1999.  Happy we were able to see the twin towers.

I hope to take my wife and daughter this spring, then I don't know that we will ever go back again.  Too many things throughout the world to see.

NYC did leave a lasting impression.  Skyscrapers as far as you can see.  So many people!  So multi-cultural.  I will always remember our experiences.  Statue of Liberty.  Circle Tour of Manhattan.  On top of the Empire State Building.  The subway.  Times Square.  Museums.  Central Park.  Mickey Mantle's restaurant.  Limo tour in which we visited all the boroughs except Brooklyn.

As interesting as it was (like another world!), it was sure good to get back to good old rural Colorado!!

:) :) :) :)

CoinCrusader42

Terry,

Regarding NYC, you forgot to mention that you get free, no-questions-asked driver's licenses.

What a counry!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

TwoShadows

What system? New York has a system? One thing is for certain New Yorkers will vote for anyone from out of town! What does that tell you about them? Politics in NY is nothing more than name recognition and it is also very apparent on the west coast as well? Free drivers license and lunch money at the same time! What a city!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

CoinCrusader42

Regarding the above, let me plug "Lou Dobbs Tonight" once again.

CNN, 7 p.m. Eastern Time.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Pocketcoins

    :DDon't any one like Kenyucky with it's pretty horses and fast women ;D ;D ;D

TwoShadows

I like Kentucky a lot but our Indy car is the fastest quarter going. All the pioneers traveling through Indiana drove an earlier version called the Covered Wagon, of various horse power, and the race was across country to the gold in California. Now, about those pretty horses and fast women! Please send them up here (Indiana) as both are needed and welcomed! If you don't want to ship them just give us a call and we will arrange to pick them up!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

CoinCrusader42

A tad off topic, but, can anyone tell me how long the Wyoming quarter has been circulating?

I think it's strange that I haven't seen one yet.  Maybe Old Dan is hoarding them all?!

;D ;D ;D ;D

CoinCrusader42

Sir Dan,

No problem, but thanks.

I'm sure my bank has them, I just thought it a little strange I hadn't seen one in circulation yet.

:) :) :) :)

dsking

I'm partial to my Home State quarter but, I'm anxious to see Alaska and Hawaii for some reason...maybe because it will be the end to them and completion of the set(s).

As for Wyoming...I haven't seen one here in circulation yet either.  It's interesting to see the circulation patterns of them.  When we were in Arizona I found the Colorado in circulation before my Colorado collector friends did.  hmmmm  I agree - OldDan is hoarding Wyoming :D I read where an "ole guy" was going to all of the banks and buying up their rolls.  Rumor has it that he's some wealthy, eccentric fella that's hoarding quarters! ::)

dsking

OldDan...I do hope that you know I was teasing you!  Please, please know that! 

We're sitting on the floor tonight going through 2 big bags of quarters.  Seems we got behind in filling our books.  PJ has 3 sets and I have one of uncirculateds.  I'm surprised at how many Delaware quarters are still floating around.

Enjoy your Wyoming quarters and maybe one of your "honeys" spendables will float South just a little! ;)


dsking

Thanks for the offer!  After I was on-line for a bit I decided to check, of all places, my change purse,...lo & behold the Almighty Bronco!  There's not much detail on the "horse".  Is there suppose to be?  This sucker is brand new and shouldn't be worn already.  hmmmmmm Oh it's a "D" - figures!!  It took, how long, to come 30 minutes +- from the Mint to my house.  I'm happy to find one!  When I saw it I grabbed it and told PJ "you can't have it - it's mine"!  Little snot aren't I? 8)


CoinCrusader42

OldDan, 61 years!!  That's great.  Chances are that modern marraiges won't last that long.

What about the Utah quarter?  Has it been released yet?  Boy, am I behind.

:) :) :) :)

Dumanyu

I myself favor the Nevada Quarter. Love the horses.

CoinCrusader42

I'm still waiting to see my first Wyoming quarter in circulation!

:) :) :) :)

Dumanyu

Quote from: CoinCrusader42 on November 18, 2007, 05:13:04 PM
I'm still waiting to see my first Wyoming quarter in circulation!

:) :) :) :)

I just got my first 2 Wyoming quarters, they're now in albums.

CoinCrusader42

Old Dan,

Very interesting.

The one I didn't know was the one about Santa Fe and its 7,000 feet elevation.

Live and learn.

:) :) :) :)

CoinCrusader42

I have been to Santa Fe a couple times, and as you said, it doesn't seem that high.

I read somewhere that Santa Fe is now the most pricey place to live in the United States.  That's probably why I have only been there twice.

:) :) :) :)

henselen

of course, we all know that this is hightly personal and not at-tall objective in any sense whatsoever.  Thus, when polled today by the Utah delegation at the Zoggby polling  building, 98% of those polled regarded the Washington State quarter as the singularly, vastly, over the hill the best designed and pretty coin, all except Nevada.  It is the horses, my fellow Knights and Ladies.

scottishmoney

Quote from: henselen on November 22, 2007, 03:46:17 PM
of course, we all know that this is hightly personal and not at-tall objective in any sense whatsoever.  Thus, when polled today by the Utah delegation at the Zoggby polling  building, 98% of those polled regarded the Washington State quarter as the singularly, vastly, over the hill the best designed and pretty coin, all except Nevada.  It is the horses, my fellow Knights and Ladies.

My Great Grandmother dedicated the Great Salt Lake Causeway and Trestle in 1904, so trains and Utah are near and dear.  And she was an Ogden family member!