1914 Barber Dime

Started by Aiguptios, November 04, 2008, 07:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

EgCollector

Hi all,

I would like to share with you one of My latest addition to my USA collection.
I would appreciate any comments.   :)

Thanks
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

ElleKitty

You're really focusing on US Coins lately, Amr!  Let us know if there's anything we can help you out with. :)
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

S.George

 :D:

EgCollector:

Nice Dime.  Are you collecting one coin per Type or a complete set.   If you collect one coin, per series, I sugest., a small thing.

Please request your U.S.Friends to send coins where you can read LIBERTY. wherever possible. It will be a good Type Set.

Wish you Good Luck
George
It is by giving others, we actually receive from G

EgCollector

Quote from: ElleKitty on November 04, 2008, 06:58:54 PM
You're really focusing on US Coins lately, Amr!  Let us know if there's anything we can help you out with. :)

Thanks ElleKitty

I am working on a state quarter, J Nickles, Kennedy Half, Lincolns. I added a 2008 Red Book to my coin books and i am turning to US coinholic. Some of these sets i am about to finish, others i am half way there, and one had a problem with its start but hope that i could overcome that.  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Quote from: S.George on November 04, 2008, 10:09:27 PM
:D:

EgCollector:

Nice Dime.  Are you collecting one coin per Type or a complete set.   If you collect one coin, per series, I sugest., a small thing.

Please request your U.S.Friends to send coins where you can read LIBERTY. wherever possible. It will be a good Type Set.

Wish you Good Luck
George

Thanks Sir George for your wishes and for your suggestions.
I am not trying to collect a set, at least these days  :), but i was thinking of having a type set. I think i have read several US collectors name it a 7070 type set or something like that. I will not be able to complete a set by date for all US coins, so i think a type set is an excellent suggestion Sir George    :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

ElleKitty

I am not an avid collector of US type coins.  However, the 7070 type set is an agressive goal for any collector that will take years, and thousands of dollars.

I certainly don't want to dissuade you from attempting it! It would be a wonderful accomplishment. :D  Here's a link to a list of the coins for such a set.  *Drools.*  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_coinage_type_set
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

EgCollector

WOW :o,That would be impossible to achieve while living in Egypt. I just thought that i can place the seperate coins i have in a set.

I think i will just stick to the sets i am working on, at least till i complete them.  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

ElleKitty

A type set of 20th Century US coins would be a great goal, and then maybe you can work backward from there?  If there's anything you need, just let us know :D  Most of us probably have US coins laying about, or easily accessible to help you out.
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

EgCollector

Thanks Elle,

I will try to put a want list and post it as soon as possible    :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Pocketcoins

I see where you are collecting J nickles, I assume you are talking about Jefferson Nickles. In what grade are you collecting in? If it is circulated grades let me know. I would be glade to help you out.

EgCollector

Yes, a circulated coin would do  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

KurtS

I like your 1914 dime.  :)  It's pretty interesting to consider all the history that has transpired between 1914 and now.

EgCollector

Thanks Kurt  :)

That is what i like most about coin collecting, History

Who knows who had this coin in his pocket or held it in his hands. Its 94 years  :D
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107